• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Expelled from Paradise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
[...] If you try to simply make it look like 2D all you wind up with is something that looks like a cheap and uncanny imitation.
nobahn wrote:
Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie had CGI in it, and the director somehow made it look like 2D.....
Jose Cruz wrote:
Seriously? I don't recall any CGI in there.

It was mentioned in the director's commentary.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Is there a specific reason why anime creators tend to apply this "limited animation" trick on 3DCG often or is it forever a mystery until they realize how awkward the animation is? Other than that, wow, so the story ended being a plus. That's good news.

I hope Aniplex gives this a dub in the future.

uh. didn't you read the whole review. they did give it a dub which however was a complete obliteration on how good it is.

while i agree that bosch didn't sound right as frontier , lee was definitely spot on as angela and blum was as usual good when it comes to the hardass males which was the reason why he was chosen to voice as dingo.

and the reviewer had to expect that there were gonna be some script lines changes in the dub.

it had to be expected to not only the lip matching are in sync , but typically to appease the US audience.especially those that are typically new to anime as a whole.

at least the dub was done by bang zoom cause they stayed as close to the script as possible and not ADV/Sentai or funi cause they would have completely made the dubbing script so loose that it makes those sub elites fuming at the mouth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It's a listenable dub, but that's about it. The Japanese version is strongly recommended for connecting to the emotional core of the movie.
But that is the only reason I was interested in the film. I don't have any other reason to watch it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5