• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Warner Hires Shane Black for Hollywood Death Note Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Because those aren't that good.

I think it's more like they want some of that Hot Topic/Twilight money.

Heheh, like the GN wasn't aiming at that type of J-crowd.... Laughing

GATSU wrote:
Quote:
We liked Scott Pilgrim and Kick Ass!

I hated K-A, and not because it was an adaptation. It just was hacky material.

Regardless, it was a good adaptation of the original. If ya didn't like the original, then that's beside the point.

GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Death Note is old now and growing older by the day, now that it's ended on TV. By the time this comes out, people would have already moved on.

Well, they're sellin' new editions of the manga, so someone's buyin' it. Hell, by the time the American remake of The Ring came here, the original novel was over a decade old, and DVDs were already taking video tapes in sales, and yet the movie was still a hit.

The Ring was a hit because it didn't try to show that it was a remake of a Japanese film. Maybe the Death Note remake will be a hit too if they did that also. Laughing

GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Besides, not all Hollywood Americanizations are bad. Look at Inception, better than the original!

If you want a sci-fi thriller about dreams to morph into a bloated FPS, sure. Rolling Eyes

Hey, what do you have against FPS?! Laughing

Besides, FPS was the farthest thing from my mind while watching the film. I don't think you play FPS enough to understand what it is. Razz
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Dimlos wrote:
Man, I don't get the people complaining about how they might Americanize it. Of course they're going to Americanize it, it's a US remake. Americans prefer to see white people in their movies, much like how the Japanese prefer to see Japanese people in theirs.

Yeah, the Japanese just Japanized the classic film Elevator to the Gallows. Very Happy

Oh, enurtsol I like to add that Japan has recently remade a American horror movie, well actually it's a seperate sequel to the American film, it's called Paranormal Activity: Tokyo night. I would count it as a semi-sequel to the first and semi-remake of the second Paranormal Activity. I never knew Japan would probably remake a horror film from US (unless the Japanese film, Grotesque which looks a lot like Eli Roth's Hostel was the first Japanese remake of a American horror film). Well now I guess it's kind of fair that Japan remake our film. Now, I'm waiting for the Japanese remake of Carrie (as long as Takeshi Miike direct the remake), The Shining (Ken Wantanabe should play Jack Nicholson's character), and The Excorcist.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote
eichi-kun wrote:
hope this time is not a failure
who's going to play Yagami Light and L? can't wait

Light will be Justin Beiber.

*runs away fast and quickly*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5