• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes, yes it was.

I don't think I can ever watch those last ten minutes again. That was as bad as Chrono Crusade's ending. (not a Key show but that was such a bloody Key ending!)

Thus Angel Beats' ending was such a relief.
I was bawling with HAPPINESS. I wish more Key endings were like that.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Most Key works do have happy endings, though. Kanon and Clannad sure did.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Most Key works do have happy endings, though. Kanon and Clannad sure did.

It's been balanced out so far.. as some one that has read all of key's works up to re-write some are bitter sweet like air. If they ever did a tomoyo after it's a wonderful life anime adaption... all I can say is this you better not be working the next day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
The cafeteria fight felt like it dragged on a bit too long. For that matter, the entire bit is old already so I hope they'll stop doing it...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3
First word of the episode: spoiler[Narcolepsy]

Well, that's an interesting term. More interesting is this girl though. I found her personality cool and fitting to her style.

Lizebeth wrote:

If you call for help, I'll kill you

Oh dear, I like this girl's personality already especially when she trolls Riki not once but twice. Also asking for a drink during middle of a fight, ha.

spoiler[I'm glad she joined the team though. They need someone like her tbh.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I like this episode, especially because they introduced Kurugaya. Honestly, Kurugaya is probably the most normal person in the team, spoiler[even though actually she isn't very normal (Normal girls aren't allowed in Key lol).] Or probably, her voice and personality is least annoying compared to other girls.

And sure there are a lot of bouncing in this episode. I dont think it would happen if it was made by KyoAni.

Episode 4 spoiler[Get ready for the long awaited loli]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Something is not right, I should really like this Kurugaya but it did not click right, although She did remind me of Touwa Meme. But that kind of made me feel let down as I get the idea of that being the type of beauty they were going for, might sound like petty complaining but I think I am spoilt with animation done elsewhere. I am having too high expectations, but that is what I have come to expect from these type of shows. It might be weird bu I keep getting the feeling that it is like looking through fog, perhaps like a dream sort of feeling, though that probably makes no sense.

I do like this Kurugaya girl though, her voice is awesome, and her personality is good, although something is bugging me, I just can't tell what.

Oh, and a girl talked about having a dream, hopefully it is not about flying.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention that at least 20% off this episodes runtime was spent focused on her cleavage. I was so sure that the pirate was going to get lost in there for a bit. Didn't happen in the VN but that would have been hilarious so I wouldn't have complained.

Anyways, good news, based on next weeks episode preview it looks like all my freaking out about them skipping the character routes was unwarranted after all. They're also (finally) putting spoiler[Kud] in, so theres a high chance my inner fanboy is going to explode and paint the walls.

As for this weeks episode, still seems pretty by the numbers to the original story, a few changes of venue in some of the events but otherwise pretty similar to the VN. Theres one scene which they probably should have included which involves spoiler[a 'battle' between Korami and Kuragaya], but since that's kinda important I expect they might put that in at the beginning next week.

My only complaint would be that this episode needed more Haruka.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It might be weird bu I keep getting the feeling that it is like looking through fog, perhaps like a dream sort of feeling, though that probably makes no sense.

spoiler[*Laughs knowingly*]
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 3

Something is not right, I should really like this Kurugaya but it did not click right, although She did remind me of Touwa Meme. But that kind of made me feel let down as I get the idea of that being the type of beauty they were going for, might sound like petty complaining but I think I am spoilt with animation done elsewhere. I am having too high expectations, but that is what I have come to expect from these type of shows. It might be weird bu I keep getting the feeling that it is like looking through fog, perhaps like a dream sort of feeling, though that probably makes no sense.

I do like this Kurugaya girl though, her voice is awesome, and her personality is good, although something is bugging me, I just can't tell what.

spoiler[Trust me that bugging feeling is something you really want to ignore, it will end up hurting you in the end if you don't.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 3

spoiler[Trust me that bugging feeling is something you really want to ignore, it will end up hurting you in the end if you don't.]
Are you telling me to ignore faults I am finding, or just ignore certain aspects as I am a little too close to spoilers with something I said, and I should stop for immersion reasons? Please don't respond with a spoiler information as I will undoubtly read it, and I don't want to get the story ruined.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 3

Are you telling me to ignore faults I am finding, or just ignore certain aspects as I am a little too close to spoilers with something I said, and I should stop for immersion reasons? Please don't respond with a spoiler information as I will undoubtly read it, and I don't want to get the story ruined.

It's for latter reasons that I will not disclose to you or anyone on the forums that's all I'll say.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
A less serious version of Tomoyo has appeared! Its a good thing she appeared now and not later because I am currently not feeling the other 2 main female characters. I guess the little sister is alright, but the girl from last week has an annoying voice and behavior. I don't mind moe clumsiness, but doing it all the time makes it lose the charm. I loved how Acchi kochhi used the moe clumsiness archetype.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote
Kurugaya certainly has a nice pair. I recall falling in love with her when I first saw a picture of her 2 years ago. I'm still in love with her, too.

I haven't been too enthralled with the show thus far but maybe with Kurugaya things may become more interesting. I'm really tired with the whole Masato vs. X segments that happen in the show, though. They were alright the first episode and while I did laugh at the ones after, they lose their funniness after the repetitions. I also just don't like watching Masato get abused like that.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
By the way, did anyone spot spoiler[Tokido Saya] in this episode? It is said that she appeared in the first episode, too, but this time it is more clear and easy to find her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 32