• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Acquires Bamboo Blade, Druaga, Dragonaut

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
They seem to be going for recent stuff do Linebarrels is a possibility. They do seem to have quite a few action series though so I would bet on something from another genre.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I 'unno, Dragonaut looks cool. A giant robotic dragon? Count me the f*ck in, yo Very Happy

EDIT: I bet Linebarrels is only a matter of time, too. I'd grab both shows happily. Of course, I'm a mecha whore, so YMMV
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
I 'unno, Dragonaut looks cool. A giant robotic dragon? Count me the f*ck in, yo Very Happy

Don't come crying to us when it sucks and you feel like an idiot for wasting your money. Or even if you rented, you wasted the time. It's really the type of show that's better off not existing.
MH Knights

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:

Right now while Funimation may be starting to look like a monopoly they are the best we have, and they have gotten better over time. Viz can't handle anything that isn't a huge shounen title properly, Bandai's prices can be crazy at times, TRSI is way too niche, MB and CPM haven't done much in quite a while. So who else is there? I think funimation has been a huge help in sustaining the industry for a while now.

Manga Ent. is still around right? Or do they just sit back and collect money from Ghost in the Shell and Eva movies?

Bamboo blade is a decent show though it does kind of stall in a couple places. The characters are good though, especially sweet little Miya-Miya....

What really needs to be picked up is Moyashimon. I can only hope.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
That might be exactly what Manga Ent does Smile

Also Unit 3.5-ish
I warn you, Two of my favorite seiyuu play the leads so I ended up seeing it but...I can never get that time back
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand what people find so abhorrent about Dragonaut. I really enjoyed it, but this hate is like...completely across the board and insanely high in its intensity. WTF is wrong with the show? >_>;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

Don't come crying to us when it sucks and you feel like an idiot for wasting your money. Or even if you rented, you wasted the time. It's really the type of show that's better off not existing.

I really don't appreciate rude and snarky comments like this. Why don't you let ME be the judge and stop telling me whether I should like it or not? Besides, you have no room to bitch, since you OBVIOUSLY saw the whole thing illegally and determined it wasn't worth your money. Way to support an ailing industry. Rolling Eyes
Navak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
I don't understand what people find so abhorrent about Dragonaut. I really enjoyed it, but this hate is like...completely across the board and insanely high in its intensity. WTF is wrong with the show? >_>;

It seemed pretty normal to me.

Not sure why the hate.

However, Blassreiter still haunts my dreams with that CGI...
NinjaHero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
MH Knights wrote:
Bamboo blade is a decent show though it does kind of stall in a couple places. The characters are good though, especially sweet little Miya-Miya....

Yeah Miya-Miya is a totally awesome character. lol Pink -> Black in T minus 2 seconds.

But you gotta love Tamaki. "Huzzah for anime!" (or "Anime banzai!") xD And the reminders of the days when we watched Power Rangers. I do hope Bamboo Blade gets a second season with how the manga's going.... Anyway, I'll be buying this when it comes out.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote
NinjaHero wrote:
MH Knights wrote:

Yeah Miya-Miya is a totally awesome character. lol Pink -> Black in T minus 2 seconds.

But you gotta love Tamaki. "Huzzah for anime!" (or "Anime banzai!") xD And the reminders of the days when we watched Power Rangers. I do hope Bamboo Blade gets a second season with how the manga's going.... Anyway, I'll be buying this when it comes out.

Eh zanarkand princess said nothing of the sort

Quote:
Why don't you let ME be the judge and stop telling me whether I should like it or not? Besides, you have no room to bitch, since you OBVIOUSLY saw the whole thing illegally and determined it wasn't worth your money. Way to support an ailing industry. Rolling Eyes
Do you have to say something like that every time you post? You can just say "I'll be the judge of that" without mentioning the fact that someone saw a fansub you know. If no one saw fansubs this whole thread would be "Oh well I guess we'll see how that goes in 8 months" and that would be all. You don't have to be all holier than thou all the time.

Last edited by zanarkand princess on Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

I really don't appreciate rude and snarky comments like this. Why don't you let ME be the judge and stop telling me whether I should like it or not? Besides, you have no room to bitch, since you OBVIOUSLY saw the whole thing illegally and determined it wasn't worth your money. Way to support an ailing industry. Rolling Eyes

I saw two episodes and then stopped. Even the fansubbers regretted finishing it from the screencaps I've seen. If you want to go buy it in full, please do, I encourage it.

But maybe: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2795/Dragonaut_-_The_Resonance/reviews

and I'm sure there's other reliable sources for reviews as well.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
You saw, what, 2 episodes out of 20-some? Series do these things called "getting better as they go on". It happens a lot. Some shows start out slowly, and get much better towards about the middle or so.

z princess: look, if people stopped acting like they didn't have the legal obligation to buy a show they've seen on fansubs, then I'd stop telling them to buy them. OK, so he saw only two episodes. But that doesn't change the fact that he saw it for free without any compensation to the original creators.

I will not step down from my soapbox until fansubs stop. So enjoy the ranting while you can.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
You saw, what, 2 episodes out of 20-some? Series do these things called "getting better as they go on". It happens a lot. Some shows start out slowly, and get much better towards about the middle or so.

z princess: look, if people stopped acting like they didn't have the legal obligation to buy a show they've seen on fansubs, then I'd stop telling them to buy them. OK, so he saw only two episodes. But that doesn't change the fact that he saw it for free without any compensation to the original creators.

I will not step down from my soapbox until fansubs stop. So enjoy the ranting while you can.

I've heard enough from quite a lot of people that it did not in fact get better in any fashion. I'm sorry people downloaded fansubs, but we already know it how...ends. This show is part of the reason why "GONZO End" exists. Also, there is no way I'd want GONZO to receive money for this, they shouldn't have made it.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

You say you won't get off of your soap box until fansubs end so you should enjoy that rating while you can, your going to be doing it for a long time. Fansubs exist and they will continue to exist that's the reality of it and we know you hate them, trust me we know but you don't have to always bring it up. If we didn't see the fansubs we wouldn't be talking about it. Everyone knows fansubs exist and everyone knows not everyone who sees them buys the R1 version but please could you keep your rage contained inside the thread pertaining to fansubs because not every discussion needs to be about it.

Quote:
I've heard enough from quite a lot of people that it did not in fact get better in any fashion. I'm sorry people downloaded fansubs, but we already know it how...ends. This show is part of the reason why "GONZO End" exists.

QFT
braves

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Not sure if the preview will do it's horrors justice.

Ah! I meant "episode" but I typed in "preview" instead. Sorry about that. I'll fix it now. Embarassed

MH Knights wrote:
Manga Ent. is still around right? Or do they just sit back and collect money from Ghost in the Shell and Eva movies?

They probably are doing that for GITS, but I don't think so for Eva. The copies for both movies are out of print. Had to shell out $30+ for a copy of EoE recently....

They also have that block on Sci-Fi, so I guess that they get some money from Bandai to allow them air their shows on there.
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
OK, so he saw only two episodes. But that doesn't change the fact that he saw it for free without any compensation to the original creators.

It's only 2 episodes. Should he have to pay for a 13 episode box set just because he watched 2 episodes? If I were in the same position, I would just watch the same 2 episodes again on FUNi's site to give them some hits, but that would be about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 17