• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can You Name 10 More Anime from the 90s?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I finally missed one, getting 9/10. I've been meaning to rewatch Slayers Next and Slayers Try for a couple year, but haven't gotten around to it, and I forgot what season that episode was from. I also wasn't sure for the El Hazard one, though I was able to get it with an educated guess. I also got Nazca just because I knew it wasn't any of the other three choices, while all the rest I was able to recognize the series.

Anyway, I find these to be a lot of fun, so please keep making them.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
A shame that I only know 3 out of 10 of them... Anime cry
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I think I got 9/10, I missed Nazca (though I'm familiar with the name and the premise), and on the Slayers selection I was going through the quiz so quickly I just thought "oh yeah, that's Slayers" and just picked the first option I glanced at that said "Slayers". Razz
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:16 am Reply with quote
Just take a glimpse and only know the shoujo ones (Hana yori and Marmalade) so I decide to pass >.<
Oh, and can say for sure it's not Kaikan Phrase, but that's the extent of my knowledge...
Supermutant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
I think i was 9 out of 10. Three I wasn't sure on. Slayers one tripped me up. El Hazard went with cause I don't know seemed right with wanderers. Nazca was guess but seem to be the only made sense.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:08 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Couldn't recognize a single one. Ha! GOML.
Same, same...I approached the survey with a "hell, yeah, just who do you think I am???" and then it became "Ohhhh...." I could tell you if it was one or the other of Slayers or El Hazard (and not Tenchi Muyo) but that's as far as it goes. Still, I managed to channel my inner nerd and got a shockingly good 5/10, don't know where the guesses came from. These weren't my style so I never watched either, so don't care. I guess I'll have to wait for a 2000's quiz.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
A shame that I only know 3 out of 10 of them... Anime cry

Tell me about it. I consider myself a '90s-phile (for lack of better terminology), yet I only managed 6/10. To be fair to myself, like a lot of people, it's the specific seasons/series within series that got me.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Only 5 out of 10 right.

I really hate myself.
YuwaYawa

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
8/10, a few guesses in there though.
Decided to look up a few of the anime I had never heard of. This stoped when I typed "Kite Anime" in google images though... Giggity.. Embarassed
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
Well this one broke my perfect streak. Sad Two requests tho:
1) Can we PLEASE cut with the COMPLETELY unrelated "teaser" images. Even if you don't use the specific image can you at least use the SHOW referenced in the teaser image?
2) Excellent work with the NASTY "4 different Slayers" and "4 different El Hazard" variants. I'd have maintained my streak if not for that.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
Surprisingly, I got almost all of them right, but it's not because I've seen most of them; I recall most of these anime from old DVD preview trailers or because I'd seen the character art numerous times previously. spoiler[Shadow Skill] and spoiler[Nazca] are the only ones I'm not familiar with. I definitely recognize spoiler[Arc the Lad], seeing as how it's spoiler[a game I'm quite familiar with].
Dark Cloud Overhead

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Considering it's been ages since I've watched any of these, I'd say getting 8 out of 10 ain't too bad. Never seen Nazca, but I've looked at screencaps of it before and sort of recognized the look of the characters from that I guess. Eden's Bowy I had seen, but wasn't all that sure about. Really surprised I actually got that one right, too.

Just missed El-Hazard and Slayers, of course, which aren't really fair IMO. I mean I've seen all of the different El-Hazrds, as well as the first three seasons of Slayers, along with all the movies and OVAs, but feels like ages ago, so there's no way I could recognize which of their seasons a single image was from now this many years later.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Knew exactly one. Sad Guessed three by elimination and lots of luck. Confused Blew all the rest.
Really should have gotten the Slayers Next one, that's from one of my favorite scenes in the show. Embarassed
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
Got all but Shadowskill right. That shit was completely purged from memory.
Ask John
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm just old because I recognized all ten without even needing to look at the multiple choice answers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5