• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Justin Bieber Receives Frantic Welcome in Japan, Smooches AKB48

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renasviel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:47 am Reply with quote
Bieber never said anything about anime fans. They were judt photoshopped tweets people made to make people hate him even more, and it seems the more gullible among us bought it. After all, why would he?

As for Bieber himself, his music has improved lately, and as for this incident, if none of the people involved had a problem, why should anyone else care?
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
Renasviel wrote:
As for Bieber himself, his music has improved lately, and as for this incident, if none of the people involved had a problem, why should anyone else care?

I dunno, man. Looking back, I think his 'Baby' years were better. Then again, it's just my opinion. Smile

Honestly, I'm just hoping that the smooched AKB48 girl doesn't get flack by her fans over this.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
Bieber is thrown into our faces by TMZ, Us Weekly, Twitter and Yahoo on a minute to minute basis as bad as the Kartrashians. So throwing an article out here about Bieber will be clickbait any time to attract the internet trolls.

And I have to agree, I can just imagine the reactions of the AKB48 fans who saw their sweet, innocent idol get smooched on the cheek by a gaijin. Oh, the horror!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
And who's this Bieber bloke when he's at home then?
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
tsundereikemen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:37 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to hear how many death threats he's gotten from the idol fanboys. You know it's bound to happen. Whether he knows any Japanese or not.

I'd feel sad if any of the AKB girls get harassed because of this though. People can be scum after all. Sometimes it doesn't matter who's at fault, or whether anyone liked what happened to them...people would think badly of you anyway even if you didn't do anything wrong.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Get 'er dun Justin.
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I feel for you, Japan. I really do. Hopefully, Bieber will do whatever he's gotta do fast and then get the hell out. Personally, if I was Japanese I would be insulted that he is even stepping on Japanese soil let alone sullying innocent pop idols.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Miss Hachiko wrote:

Edit: I just noticed this. But that tweet, wasn't from Masatoshi Hamada. That's from Gaku Hamada, the actor who was in the recent HERO series (starring Kimura Takuya) that got high ratings.

Thanks for pointing this out. The writer of the article isn't available right now to sort this out, so I've removed the section.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Japan is now ruined for me. I never really liked AKB48 aside from Mayu. All ruined now. Justin Bieber is the epitome of everything wrong. I still can't believe he/it is Canadian.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
tsundereikemen wrote:

Can't wait to hear how many death threats he's gotten from the idol fanboys. You know it's bound to happen. Whether he knows any Japanese or not.

Probably not any more than he usually gets already. Laughing

Besides, he's always surrounded by his own entourage, so no herbivore Japanese wotaku would even stand a chance.

Cyberphobe wrote:

I feel for you, Japan. I really do. Hopefully, Bieber will do whatever he's gotta do fast and then get the hell out. Personally, if I was Japanese I would be insulted that he is even stepping on Japanese soil let alone sullying innocent pop idols.

Many in Japan love him, including those 2 AKB idols (otherwise, they wouldn't let those photos to be posted). You and Japan have different tastes.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
(The guy who plays Edward in the Twilight flms, on the other hand, seems to get a free pass.)

I think the guy that plays Edward "gets a free pass" because he has several times flat out stated that he thinks the Twilight story is terrible and that he hates it. Kind of hard to hold a work against someone when they agree that it is awful.
Quote:
Same here. That being said, it'd be just as funny if we saw the opposide of the hate I expect to see, that the AKB48 fans now respect Bieber because they see themselves as equals to him.

I don't think there will be massive fallout from this. TakaMina is very talented but she's about to graduate AKB and I think many expect KojiHaru to leave soon too. I think they're two of the strongest founding members of AKB, but (don't take this the wrong way) they are "past due" in terms of idols. TakaMina is in her mid 20s and she is the younger of the two. By which I mean, to the people for whom idols must be completely "pure", I think they're probably both "old maids".
Ninjajake12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:
Ha, then this guy is Justin Beiber.

Well i had heard that some kid that sings had been arrested in US for driving too fast last year.

I more in heavy metal, rock and J-pop so i never heard any music of this kid.
Did he sings anything good? I know that some young girls like this kid.

He show no sensibility to how to behave in Japan.

He's done many things to make people despise him. If I had to summarize everything up, it'd be pretty simple: The kid is a punk. He got discovered at 16 years old, let the fame get to him and his ego, and turned into a rotten tomato. He egged mansions, pissed in a mop bucket inside a restaurant, spit off a balcony, getting into fights with paparazzi, and loads of other things. He's basically a naive punk with an oversized ego. He's usually culturally insensitive and have rubbed a lot of people (including celebrities) the wrong way.

Nowadays, he's gotten slightly better. We don't hear too much about him these days, which is a good thing. He went through a roast (a public shaming event) to start anew. Now I don't follow his Twitter account nor his life, and I don't like him, but it seems like he has gotten somewhat better over the past few years. Hopefully he does, because the less I hear about him, the better.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:25 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
I think the guy that plays Edward "gets a free pass" because he has several times flat out stated that he thinks the Twilight story is terrible and that he hates it. Kind of hard to hold a work against someone when they agree that it is awful.

Huh, I just thought he got sick of all the fangirls he got by playing Edward and just wants to distance himself from the role to be left alone.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
HeeroTX wrote:

Huh, I just thought he got sick of all the fangirls he got by playing Edward and just wants to distance himself from the role to be left alone.

Like Leonardo DiCaprio didn't want to be only defined thru Jack Dawson?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5