• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Curse You Bandai Store

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwelveMind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
TwelveMind - the way it normally works is if you import from TRSI, you should only be charged the HST and a handling charge upon delivery. In my experience, handling charges ranged from $5-$7. So in the case of your Baccano BD, you should have only been charged $14-ish at most. TRSI's shipping agent until recently was XPO; TRSI dropped them when that company stopped providing itemized receipts (i.e. no longer listed how much you were paying in HST and how much in delivery charges). In future, be sure to check your itemized receipt to make sure you are not be overcharged (TRSI now has a new shipping agent that presumably does this).

As for Bandai, I thought they stopped shipping to Canada? Did they resume at some point? If they have, I have no idea what you might be charged for a handling fee - that seems to depend on the shipping agent used.

The reason why sometimes it is cheaper to order from Amazon.com, is that I don't think it (and especially sellers in its Marketplace) are as rigorous about identifying its packages so that the HST is charged to you.

Thanks. It does sounds like I was overcharged by XPO and I did get in touch with Rightstuf about it. They were ready to intervene but wanted the receipt which I already threw away.

With regards to the Bandai store, I've never shopped there before but I'm guessing their Canadian shipping has resumed, because once you're at the checkout menu, there's a pull-down option for it. Still, I'm currently leaning towards Righstuf for Kenshin given the uncertainty for Bandai's handling charge. If all things are equal then Rightstuf has cheaper shipping.
AntztheGreat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Bandai's store has started shipping to Canada again, except now it appears to cost twice as much as it used to. It only used to be $5 to $7, depending on the size of what you were buying. Finally thought I'd get to redeem my points and save a few dollars, but there's no way I'm paying $12 for shipping for a single DVD.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Thanks. It does sounds like I was overcharged by XPO and I did get in touch with Rightstuf about it. They were ready to intervene but wanted the receipt which I already threw away.

Sorry you had a problem; however, since I have since figured out XPO's error, I will be refunding everyone en-masse and you won't need to worry about it. A refund should be on the way to you soon for the overcharge.
TwelveMind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Quote:

Sorry you had a problem; however, since I have since figured out XPO's error, I will be refunding everyone en-masse and you won't need to worry about it. A refund should be on the way to you soon for the overcharge.

That's very good news. Thanks very much.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote
TwelveMind wrote:
Still, I'm currently leaning towards Righstuf for Kenshin given the uncertainty for Bandai's handling charge. If all things are equal then Rightstuf has cheaper shipping.

THIS. RightStuf can provide us FREE SHIPPING on Aniplex of America products (import or not) so why can't Bandai? They have that BS rewards program that I can't take advantage of because of this. The only products they offer that I'm remotely interested in are the AoA ones. Look's like Sony's retarted MAP policy strikes again. Why the hell isn't that crap illegal in the states?! I'm really starting to hate them. Honestly, if it wasn't for their speedy releases and easy imports I wouldn't give them a dime.
EricDent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I swear I saw the 5 CM Per Second DVD at a local Best Buy.

So maybe they would have it, or maybe Amazon (Canada version), GoHastings, Fry's, or even Best Buy's websites?
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Only reason I'm kinda glad they ship to Canada again is for Gundam Unicorn, other then that I plan on using Amazon to finish off K-On! and the Haruhi movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4