• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (manga).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiddtic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
swienke wrote:
. But my second little theory is that the removal of Ichigo's shinigami powers might have unfettered his hollow side, in which case we might see some interesting stuff in the next couple of chapters (raging full-hollow type of stuff?). I'm kind of hoping that the second theory is at least somewhat correct, but who knows...

I think so too and that was the bit that interested me the most in thi chapter. So Aizen is dead...really dead for real this time. woah wait what if he somehow transfered himself into Ichigo and he has to have an "internal battle thing"? I can so see kubo doing that.

It is very disappointing that none of the good guys die in Bleach, it takes the suspense out of the fights if you know what i mean.

Well with all the bad things said how bowt some praise for a change huh.

It has been a good ride lots of twists and and back-flips in the plot. Good art I think its cool how he draws close ups of the faces to express emotions. If there is a new arc which Im guessing there is, i hope its a good one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote
So, Aizen spoiler[has presumably lost all(or most) of his power, but still can't be killed? Is he, like, holding the Hougyoku hostage, then? Seems like if it rejected him, it wouldn't care if he was killed. Or maybe this is all part of his plan after all... he did seem pretty smug. But really, if he still has the Hougyoku, doesn't it seems like his power could come back at any time? Especially if it's still making him immortal. Eh, who knows. Pretty sure we'll see more of him, though.]

I do wonder where things will go from here, since it seems we're not quite done yet. Still waitin' on Isshin's gaiden... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swienke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
...........That's it?

Really now, this is chapter 423?

I...was expecting more. The end of the last chapter teased us with something possibly quite interesting happening with Ichigo, only for it to turn out to be totally and completely boring. *Snore*

In addition, Aizen's still not dead. He's quite snugly (and rather sexily, *cough*) bound, but the guy has cheated death so many times now that it's driving me nuts. In addition, the way he was handled this chapter almost guarantees that he's going to come back in some capacity later on, which might make me rip my hair out.

I'm still not sure about the end of the chapter either: do I hate it with a fiery passion or am I just ambivalent about it? I still can't quite figure it out, so I think I'll just leave that alone for now.

Byakuya, Kenpachi, and Kyouraku getting lectured by Yamamoto was pretty hilarious though, so the chapter did something right at least.

After the "closure" of this chapter, the real question is what happens next? I think most of us are fairly comfortable assuming that the next arc is going to involve the Soul King and/or Ichigo's dad's past, but I'm wondering how exactly Kubo will start that. Personally, I smell a time-skip approaching, with Ichigo somehow regaining his powers a year or two in the future, especially considering that the manga's on break for two weeks. Well, we'll see. Here's hoping that Bleach manages to reclaim a little of its former awesomeness for the next arc.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 am Reply with quote
I liked this chapter. After the rather sudden feel of the last one, I appreciate that this one moved a bit slower and wrapped some more stuff up.

Well, it looks like anything can happe now.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote
Chapter 423: Swienke, I'm totally with you on this one.

THAT'S IT?!

spoiler[I loved Kenpachi, Byakuya, and Kyouraku being chewed out, and responding so calmly and smugly! Laughing

But, apparently, Aizen can't be killed. So he gets 20,000 years in a dungeon. Really? The friggin' Soul Society can't figure out a way to kill a man??? And that dungeon is not going to keep him down. He'll break out before the 2-week break's over.

Then we're tourtured with scenes of Rangiku mourning Gin...Rangiku, he was a psychopath, He may have been good to you, but you were the only person he was ever nice too! What did you see in that guy, anyway? And Hitsugaya? You'll never get stronger...heh, heh, heh. Twisted Evil

That last scene was a killer. We finally get to see Uryuu (YAY!), Orihime (Back to being cheerful!), Chad (Um, he looked the same to me) and Rukia (sadly, she's fading away from Ichigo...because she couldn't be bothered with a gigai. Sheesh!)
I'm glad Ichigo got to sleep through the pain of losing his powers, but it still seemed so sad. Like he lost a (sixth) sense. He won't even be able to see ghosts anymore, an ability he's had since he was little. Poor Ichigo!

Maybe his father can commiserate with him, since he obviously knows how that feels....Wait, where is Isshin?!

WHERE IS ISSHIN?!

That was the most frusterating part of the chapter for me. Isshin wasn't even mentioned. Man has a lot of explaining to do!]

Ugh, this manga's frusterating. I really hope the next arc is all about Isshin! It better be! {Please, Kubo?}
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
swienke wrote:
Byakuya, Kenpachi, and Kyouraku getting lectured by Yamamoto was pretty hilarious though, so the chapter did something right at least.

Quote for truth.

So, I'm just going to pretend that's the end of the manga. I have no reason to keep following the story. The major plot has been resolved, and the characters have been getting less interesting as things progress. I'm annoyed spoiler[that Aizen is apparently unkillable, which means, as Swienke said, he's probably going to be back,] but I can pretend these events wrap things up permanently.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas, you're not interested in an Isshin Gaiden? (Just asking because it's the only thing that kept me reading Bleach...pretty much from when I began reading Bleach).
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess it falls to me to maintain the positive vibes for this series...

...maybe I should set up some kind of stall like Lucy from Peanuts?
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Dorcas, you're not interested in an Isshin Gaiden? (Just asking because it's the only thing that kept me reading Bleach...pretty much from when I began reading Bleach).

I'm interested, I just have no faith that we're going to get it anytime soon. I'll keep my ears open and will probably check it out when it happens.
DragonSlave49

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:45 am Reply with quote
There's two things I haven't seen yet in the series that I really want to see:

1. Vast Lords

You know, those really big scary demons?

2. Lots of character back stories
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
DragonSlave49 wrote:

1. Vast Lords

Both the anime and a recent databook have revealed that Halibel was a Vasto Lordes. It's reasonable to think that Ulquirra, Barragon, and Starks were those as well
DragonSlave49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
DragonSlave49 wrote:

1. Vast Lords

Both the anime and a recent databook have revealed that Halibel was a Vasto Lordes. It's reasonable to think that Ulquirra, Barragon, and Starks were those as well

Oh well then I guess Kubo totally destroyed the internal logic of his own universe and deserves to have his story suck from here on.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote
DragonSlave49 wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:
DragonSlave49 wrote:

1. Vast Lords

Oh well then I guess Kubo totally destroyed the internal logic of his own universe and deserves to have his story suck from here on.

How?
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, of all the things in this manga, I'm kind of questioning how that is the one thing that destroys the internal logic Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:35 pm Reply with quote
It's back!

-17 month time skip

-Ichigo is still powerless, but still a bit stronger and faster than a normal person

-Rukia hasn't contacted him since (Guess she wants him to lead a normal life...)

-Karin's powers have increased.

-Isshin wants to wear a horrible tux to Yuzu's entrance ceremony

-Uryu is helping Afro Reaper with keeping hollows under control

-Tatsuki's hair has grown.

-Everyone's talking about their futures as graduation looms...

-While stoping a mugger, Ichigo loses his soul reaper badge...a black haired guy picks it up and refers to him bye name...

New Arc begins!

Money's on the table, black-haired guy is a member of Squad 0!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 33