• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spotting Bootlegs

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Emi_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
I know ur not judging me, but Im sure some [insult removed] would come out and call me an not-so-nice-person for buying bootlegs no matter what reason I put out there. My reasons are very legitamite. Also, I forgot to mention that Im in Taiwan, not the US.

Calling someone a derogatory name for homosexuals isn't necessary and doesn't help your argument. Their is no reason for that of type language. You can find ways to express your opinion of such people without resorting to such.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Never in my life have I seen someone so full of pride for actually BUYING bootlegged material. Might as well go throw your hard earned cash in a fire, because thats pretty much what you are doing Laughing You sir are a douche, and will become a mockery on this forum if you continue to act as you do.
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I thought you weren't going to respond? But, thanks you for proving my point again.

Look just saying what my circumstances are. Like I said, I still buy US copies as well so its not like Im not contributing. But if you wanna get all sensitive about it, then yes, I wanna be a douch. This thread asked for people's opinions and I gave it. Ill re-edit about the part Im proud of buying bootlegs..... Oh Im sorry, I never said that. I only gave my reasons and because of them, I will continue to buy. Look, Im sorry if someone else's opinion makes you're butthurt, but not everyone has the same opinion as you.

Im done posting in this thread unless I find myself have too.
Ranma87

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I only buy bootlegs if:

1) The series is not available in the states or via fansubs.

2) Said series has been out of print so long its not possible to buy a legit copy for a reasonable price anymore.
larinon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
Im sure some [insult removed] would come out and call me an not-so-nice-person for buying bootlegs no matter what reason I put out there. My reasons are very legitamite.

Then why not cut out the middle man and give the money directly to people who sell children as sex slaves?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I re-edited the part where I said "My reasons are legitamite," since it seems to be misinterpreted as in "these reason are correct and everyone has to agree with them." Im not that big of a douch.

Let the flaming continue
_Emi_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
[OT troll post removed]

Actually I wouldn't be the first because I'm not saying that the term moralfag refers to someone that is homosexual. But the word faggot has come to be used as a way of belittling homosexuals and using it in a term to put down a person or group of people indirectly puts down those who are homosexual even if that is not what you intend.

Quote:
And Im not making an argument. Im saying why I buy bootlegs.

I'm using the fourth definition of argument. You are giving a reason for why you buy bootlegs thus presenting an argument. The sixth definition would also work.

Quote:
But thank you for proving my point.

I have made no mention of my opinion, either positive or negative, about bootlegs or stated an opinion of you, either positive or negative, for you buying bootlegs. How am I proving your point? In fact, the last sentence of my initial post starts with "You can...". In other words, go ahead and voice your displeasure with such people, just do it without resorting to derogatory language.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Thought you were done posting? Wink

Keep it up bro. You are a troll purposely trying to get under our skin. Go rave about your bootlegs elsewhere. You thoughts won't go far here.

In response to the edited post above: Unlike you, I'm not the one wasting my money on them Laughing Sorry buddy, but you are indeed in the minority.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
@Starsplash Taiwan - Congratulations. You seem quite proud of yourself for killing off the anime industry. Better yet, the music industry because those "free soundtracks" are also pirated. Why not watch fansubs and then buy the legit sets when they are available (it is what I, and alot of other people, do)? Why waste your money on crappily made boxsets that aren't even legal? -_-

Moving on:

This one eBayer, loo9, is selling burnt copies (from legit sets) of anime on eBay. Don't buy from her as none of her items are legit. She had a different account, which was where she scammed me, yet it was permanently banned. This appears to be her new one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

This one eBayer, loo9, is selling burnt copies (from legit sets) of anime on eBay. Don't buy from her as none of her items are legit. She had a different account, which was where she scammed me, yet it was permanently banned. This appears to be her new one.

Oh my sweet Jesus...that bitch has sold 94 of those!? 62 IN ONE MONTH!! Thats like what...probably $750 profit after all the fees are taken out!?!?! HOLY SHIT can we get this woman shut down?? Why are these people that stupid! They could download all those shows for free if they want to be cheap! Argggg how irritating.

Emi, I reported them. You should too.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Why are these people that stupid!

Simple. They don't bother reading the auctions or checking feedback. There are alot of really stupid buyers on that site. -_-

And I already reported Starsplash Taiwan too. That person is just being a troll.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Can't you just report sellers on Ebay? Seems to work on the British amazon even though they don't (or didn't) offer a report option.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

Simple. They don't bother reading the auctions or checking feedback. There are alot of really stupid buyers on that site. -_-

Haha I'm on the phone with eBay right now Smile This chick is goin' down!
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

Bleh, GL, but I couldn't resist. Laughing
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

Voice record the conversation or it didn't happen! Razz j/k

But ya, she has got to go. I keep getting my hopes up when I see a certain title I want listed by her, only to find out its her selling it. =/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 33