• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A new magical girl explosion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
Pretear is a very good magical girl series that has a decent group of fans, but I definitely agree that we won't see another explosion in the English market until something gets on TV, because all the "explosive" series were televised.

The problem with that is that I think most of the magical girl anime have a teen audience in mind (the only exception that I've seen would be Card Captor Sakura) and I don't think the market for teenage girl "cartoons" is really that high, in comparison to the audiences who are being targeted by things like Naruto, which seems to be be able to reach a younger audience just fine.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quote
Mistress9 wrote:

Another magical girl series I always loved was wedding peach, I know a cheap Sailor Moon knock off but there is just something about it. I was slightly disappointed to see that it isnt that popular.

I took a chance and bought Wedding Peach - it was on a good sale - And when I started watching it, that was my very first thought. What a Sailor Moon knock-off! Big mistake getting this one! But you know, it grew on me. It's fun and cute and it is different in it's own way from SM. I ended up really enjoying it.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Mistress9 wrote:

Another magical girl series I always loved was wedding peach, I know a cheap Sailor Moon knock off but there is just something about it. I was slightly disappointed to see that it isnt that popular.

I took a chance and bought Wedding Peach - it was on a good sale - And when I started watching it, that was my very first thought. What a Sailor Moon knock-off! Big mistake getting this one! But you know, it grew on me. It's fun and cute and it is different in it's own way from SM. I ended up really enjoying it.

I have to admit i thought SM knock off expect crappy. but then i grew addicted. I didn't get to finish because TAN on demand really sucks with continunity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3