• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's Promo Video Reveals New Staff at MAPPA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeWhoSlapsAll

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:08 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
I think the only bad thing that can come from MAPPA is simply bad writing. Since this is an adaptation of an already available material, I don't think there's much need to worry.

I think I will kinda miss Tetsuro Araki's signature style though.

Good things it's being overseen by the Vinland Saga and Mob Psych 100 script guy.

I was worried, but seeing the staff and this visual representation of what the season should/could look like, I'm currently cautiously optimistic. The use of CGI suddenly was showing that Wit Studio was getting pushed to its limits. The Great Pretender looks amazing as it does, because it's backed by a Netflix budget. There's no way they could do that, while working on Season 4 this whole time too.

Anyways, I look forward to both TGP and Season 4.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Qulex wrote:
#909363 wrote:
The series is getting a anime adaptation because of the fans am i right? so why does the anime quality decrease so bad!!! when the watching fans increase its the most popular show in japan. i am annoyed because of this Lets boycott protest this. Wit studio needs to get it back. İt does seriously look bad its ugly the worst. why are we getting bad adaptation aot is the most popular anime lets make survey or poll i dont know how can we let our voice hear.

So much ignorance in one post. First of all, why in the world would Wit want it back after they went through hell and their staff suffered? The studio change happened for a reason. It's not like previous seasons were flawless, the project was mismanaged and rushed from season 1. Despite all that the staff dedicated their lifes to it. Unforunately many have left it by the time season 3 came out. The schedule was just not good.
Besides this is a pre animated preview and not representative of the final product. Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Also, why are here so many budget memes? It's 2020, shouldn't everyone have learned by now how an anime production works?

What suffering are you talking about? it is wit studios most succeeded anime!!! they make a lot of money profit with it so why wouldn't they want a profit anime that makes a lot money?i think they would be pretty happy with profit anime Smile and the previous seasons were perfect even their cgi was perfect they did use it the best way i haven't seen a studio that does use cgi in a better way. Tetsuro araki is a versed experienced director Compared to Yuichiro Hayashi is not he is a cgi director he İs inexperienced to araki so ofcourse we will be gettin a worse adaptation. And like how much do you think they will fix this. Studios always downgrade from their first trailer.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:17 pm Reply with quote
#909363 wrote:
The series is getting a anime adaptation because of the fans am i right? so why does the anime quality decrease so bad!!! when the watching fans increase its the most popular show in japan. i am annoyed because of this Lets boycott protest this. Wit studio needs to get it back. İt does seriously look bad its ugly the worst. why are we getting bad adaptation aot is the most popular anime lets make survey or poll i dont know how can we let our voice hear.

Lmao you are making no sense right now. No one is boycotting this because of a studio change. And why would Wit Studio get it back if they gave MAPPA their blessing? You act as if the quality has automatically had a huge decrease simply because Wit Studio isn't working on it anymore. It has long been known that AOT has been stressful for Wit to work on due to understaffing and overworking. As long as MAPPA keeps up with the quality Wit has presented it will be fine.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:18 pm Reply with quote
If the show lives up to the quality of that PV, then button your seatbelts boys, this is going to be one for the ages! You ain't seen nothing yet! And those context-less spoilers in there don't tell you a fraction of it!

The director change is a bummer, but I believe the Dorohedoro guy has proven his chops!

Manga is at its final moment before diving into the last climax, but the author already boarded the entire story to the end which the animation guys no doubt have, so the last chapter is expected to arrive before the final season ends so they'll both finish close together.
Qulex

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:25 pm Reply with quote
#909363 wrote:
Qulex wrote:
#909363 wrote:

So much ignorance in one post. First of all, why in the world would Wit want it back after they went through hell and their staff suffered? The studio change happened for a reason. It's not like previous seasons were flawless, the project was mismanaged and rushed from season 1. Despite all that the staff dedicated their lifes to it. Unforunately many have left it by the time season 3 came out. The schedule was just not good.
Besides this is a pre animated preview and not representative of the final product. Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Also, why are here so many budget memes? It's 2020, shouldn't everyone have learned by now how an anime production works?

What suffering are you talking about? it is wit studios most succeeded anime!!! they make a lot of money profit with it so why wouldn't they want a profit anime that makes a lot money?i think they would be pretty happy with profit anime Smile and the previous seasons were perfect even their cgi was perfect they did use it the best way i haven't seen a studio that does use cgi in a better way. Tetsuro araki is a versed experienced director Compared to Yuichiro Hayashi is not he is a cgi director he İs inexperienced to araki so ofcourse we will be gettin a worse adaptation. And like how much do you think they will fix this. Studios always downgrade from their first trailer.

Just because it was successful doesn't mean the staff get anything from that said success. The staff crunched to hell. Some animators openly complained about the awful schedule, many exceptional animators that worked on the first 2 seasons refused to work on the 3rd season. All of this isn't some secret or anything. Wit's working conditions especially on AoT are well known.

"previous seasons were perfect"
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/b872f7a55a3ec09793745da786d00d04.gif
I love their adaptation, but it was anything but perfect. And I wouldn't say the colossal titan had great CGI, it was quite janky.

This all depends on the staff, schedule and management in the end. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Many everywhere are clearly surprised about, not the new studio chosen to work on the final season of Attack on Titan (I can't be the only one concerned though with the amount of food MAPPA has on their plate, I mean we haven't even heard much about Zombie Land Saga 2), so much as there is even a change at all. As a few users here have already mentioned, the show throughout all it's 3 seasons at Studio WiT experienced some hellish production schedules.

There's a reason why the studio's president (at least up until May of 2020), George Wada, getting the industry Icon award at the 2019 Crunchyroll Awards rubbed most anime industry-savvy people the wrong way. I'm not totally sure about other studio WiT titles like Seraph of the End, the Ancient Magus Bride, the Rolling Girls or Vinland Saga, but Attack on Titan has been repeatedly referred to as having a nightmare-ish production. Anime Ajay used it as an example, having once compared the staff list of key animators and animation directors of a given episode to that of the staff list on certain episodes of Dragon Ball Super's production or One-Punch Man season 1. Kevin Cirugeda, who goes by Yuyucow on Twitter, made an article on Sakugablog talking about how Studio WiT was likely done with the show after season 3 based on first and second-hand sources he heard, as well as why that happened and giving educated speculations on what that would've meant for the final season itself at the time.

The most obvious cases of what kind of production schedule the show had was through season 1's broadcast version where some things were significantly changed for the eventual physical media release. This goes beyond just characters being redrawn every other shot. Some cuts didn't have their animation finished at all and a still had to be kept instead from Armin and Reiner talking about Eren passing the odm/3d-maneuver gear test while showing background art at the end of ep 3 to Annie pushing a Titan down with her foot while not at all moving in ep 13.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Qulex wrote:
#909363 wrote:
Qulex wrote:
#909363 wrote:

Just because it was successful doesn't mean the staff get anything from that said success. The staff crunched to hell. Some animators openly complained about the awful schedule, many exceptional animators that worked on the first 2 seasons refused to work on the 3rd season. All of this isn't some secret or anything. Wit's working conditions especially on AoT are well known.

"previous seasons were perfect"
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/b872f7a55a3ec09793745da786d00d04.gif
I love their adaptation, but it was anything but perfect. And I wouldn't say the colossal titan had great CGI, it was quite janky.

This all depends on the staff, schedule and management in the end. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I seriously hope you will be right that mappa will do good work i love mappa studio btw but from their trailer i am doubting them a lot their character design does look bad the colors looks pale wit studio had brighter colors and the characters look like they have been Shrink. levi doesn't look as cool badass as before every character looks smaller from before compared to wit studio had vast wide view and i don't see the beautiful fast cgi manuever gear i loved that.
We will see on myanimelist score who was right? Smile
And i think because of the trailer name that it is only called final season and trailer post date they will do 25 consecutive episode without split so the quality will decrease from that point because a split 12 episode will have better quality. they will not do a split one cour 12 Episode season because studios that do 12 episode show the trailer only two or three months before the air date. the trailer is post too early.

And always there a people two or three that complain about their work you shouldn't believe every word

Last edited by #909363 on Sat May 30, 2020 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Qulex

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 pm Reply with quote
@#909363

I mean myanimelist scores are meaningless. They can be easily manipulated, look what happens whenever some show is above Fullmetal Alchemist.

And like I previously said Wit's questionable working conditions aren't exclusive to AoT. Those who complained aren't some nobodies and they wouldn't lie for the sake of it.

Removed overquoting. --Crisha
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Qulex wrote:

Definitely not or the hateboners people have for DEEN & JC Staff would have stopped already.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:18 pm Reply with quote
#909363 wrote:
uh didn’t the wit team do the pv as a parting gift ? Your clearly letting your emotions get the better of you. I’m honestly worried too as it is with recent trends opm going to jc staff or nanatsu no taizai going to DEEN. This always seems to be a recipe for disaster. If a team has already discovered the winning formula for that anime then why would u ever think of switching of course the new director is gonna change things man this is terrible news for such a great work of art but if wit actually dropped it cus they were burnt out then maybe it’s for the best

Last edited by Ozzy4k on Fri May 29, 2020 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:26 pm Reply with quote
@Qulex

Everyone does work hard to make money no one does make money easy and if they dont like there job there are a lot of people who will want to replace them.the reason that they have it hard isn't persuasive plausible reason. what always important is the customers we fans . The fan Mass did expand it didn't decrease so the anime deserves increase too not a decrease. Don't decept yourself they are playing it cheap this not what aot anime deserves

Removed overquoting. --Crisha
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually quite relieved. MAPPA's a good studio. They've put out some really good stuff. This isn't some huge budget-saving downgrade like what poor One Punch Man got. Check out their Rage of Bahamut series, or Yuri on Ice, or their Dorohedoro show that just dropped on Netflix. Might alleviate some fears if you go and see what this studio has put out. They're not chumps.
It does suck they lost studio Wit but if the show was going to move, MAPPA's a good second choice.
dcresistance

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
uh didn’t the wit team do the pv as a parting gift ?

Nope, it was animated by MAPPA
Dextres

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSS!

Finally some good news to look foward to. Thank you ANN. Very Happy
AgustD

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:00 pm Reply with quote
dcresistance wrote:
Ozzy4k wrote:
uh didn’t the wit team do the pv as a parting gift ?

Nope, it was animated by MAPPA

The tweet you posted literally tells you exactly the opposite, that MAPPA didn't made the PV. The guy that tweeted that is the producer from WIT Studio.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5