• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix to Stream Studio Ghibli Films Globally Except in U.S., Canada, Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

Question: can an American visiting Europe or Mexico log into their American Netflix account and get access to the catalogue of their physical location?

Yes. Netflix content is based on your physical location (determined by your IP address). So when you are traveling, you get access to the content from the country you are visiting (and lose access to the content not available on that country).

Interestingly, Amazon Prime bases everything off your home/credit card address. So while traveling, your content doesn't change.

Just as a correction your Amazon Prime content does change. I tried to watch some stuff on Amazon Prime while I was in Germany and I got the message the content is blocked/not available in this region even though I’ve watched the same things at home.

Note anything I downloaded to watch offline ahead of time was fine
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3