• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Honjitsu Watashi wa Enjō Shimashita Manga Cancelled Due to Online Controversy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Later today on INN, the Ironic News Network, we'll have a story about a man with no legs accused of stealing thousands of dollars worth of shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I guess today he went up in flames.

Last edited by #873796 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:40 am Reply with quote
Posts deleted. Please stay on topic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
This is really starting to get annoying. People have got to grow some thicker skin and learn how to separate the artist from the art. We've had JonTron, James Gunn and a million other people who lost job opportunities just for the things they said.

It's not that people need to grow thicker skin (unless they're an autocrat or a fledging one Rolling Eyes ) it's that people really need to stop saying dumb things that they know very well is going to get them in trouble.

s0nicfreak wrote:
Am I the only one that just doesn't care if a mangaka is racist or punches the elderly or sacrifices puppies to Satan or etc. etc.? I don't need everyone involved to be good people in order to enjoy media. Canceling this does nothing; people will still be racist, they just (might) get smarter about admitting it.

I wouldn't call admitting you're a racist smart just look at the stuff Richard Spencer has had to put up with from getting punched in the face to being barred from entering a country.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3