• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden Anime Debuts New 'Boyhood' Arc on October 20

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Tajima wrote:
TrueZangetsu wrote:

Am I the only one here that finds this absolutely hilarious?

Your avatar just makes me think you're salty that the terrible Bleach is never coming back.

According to Pierrot, Naruto is one of, if not the most profitable anime in the studio's history. So it's not a surprise that they're going to continue it, especially since they have plenty of material (all those epilogue books).

kanjineogeo wrote:
I'm probably sure the last chapter in the manga will be cover in the final episode of the Naruto anime. So expect it to end in late March.

Chapter 700 was an epilogue and really more of a Boruto setup than anything. For all intents and purposes, chapter 699 was the "end" of Naruto proper, and that was adapted in today's episode, so anyone who feels like they've been forced to watch this show can safely move on.

Not that any of that will stop the people who continue to troll these threads, crying about how they're apparently being forced to watch this shit at gunpoint.

And the KAguya fillers? They filled some plotholes of the final manga chapters. Unless you love the "cheese shredder" plot holed final chapters...
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I figured they'd stretch it out to the end of the year. Although if they're doing more filler it would make more sense to re-title it as a different series. Maybe even take a few months off in-between.

The filler isn't so bad now that the series is effectively over, although they did wind up ruining the series with filler so more filler isn't such a great idea. They would be much better off doing a proper Boruto series instead.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
step into the grand tour, NARUTO GT!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:39 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
The filler isn't so bad now that the series is effectively over, although they did wind up ruining the series with filler so more filler isn't such a great idea. They would be much better off doing a proper Boruto series instead.

Problem with this would be with the Boruto manga since it runs monthly plus isn't it still retelling the events of the movie?
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:45 pm Reply with quote
People seem to forget that Naruto had became a franchise a long time ago, just like Doraemon, Pokemon, Precure, Gundam, etc...

It will most likely last for decades.

Just because manga (which I personally consider inferior to anime, and overall incomplete) ended, no way will they abandon something so successful.

I'm rather happy that this isn't the end of Naruto because I always enjoyed it, no matter how silly, or retconned it seemed at times.
JDude042

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
People seem to forget that Naruto had became a franchise a long time ago, just like Doraemon, Pokemon, Precure, Gundam, etc...

It will most likely last for decades.

Just because manga (which I personally consider inferior to anime, and overall incomplete) ended, no way will they abandon something so successful.

I'm rather happy that this isn't the end of Naruto because I always enjoyed it, no matter how silly, or retconned it seemed at times.

I'm in no way a fan of Naruto, but I'd love to see them stretch it out as much as they can. Wink Lets get anime-only material about even the most ridiculous and minuscule subjects. For example, Hinata is not feeling so fresh down there and needs a little womanly advice from Sakura. Another example, the story time skips ahead a few decades and Naruto is suffering from erectile disfunction and needs some "special help" from some of the female cast to fix this problem. Laughing Better yet... no... I'm gonna shut up now before it gets too ridiculous.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I wish it wasn't him as a super little kid (this seem like prior to series 1) but I've actually liked most of the Shippuden fillers other than the Guren arc (mediocre story that lasted forever and didn't really have any good fights in it). Will watch.

No sure why people complain so much. There won't be Boruto for years. You can tune out and it'll be just like your dream of the show being cancelled came true.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:49 am Reply with quote
My least favorite "Shippuden" episodes will be the episodes depicting ch. 700 (NaruSaku side). Favorite episodes are the Naruto vs. Pein episodes.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
SailorNaruto wrote:
Hey, I'm not complaining. The episode that's airing today covers the final chapter, chapter 700, which means the 15 year time skip to Naruto being Hokage. Since they've just about got covering the manga all wrapped up, they can show all the filler they want. Although I will say I'm disappointed. I wanted them to show things based around The Last time slot. Like Naruto and Hinata dating, their actual wedding (not just a pretty clip show), their married life, how Sasuke and Sakura got together, ect. But oh well.

No it isn't today's episode will cover some of chapter 699 at most.

Edit

My mistake it was all of chapter 699 so there it ends the story of Naruto 699 episodes all the stuff after this part can be ignored as the crap it is.

Actually I was the one who was wrong. I really shouldn't have posted my original comment before I saw the episode. I was under the impression that it would cover chapter 699 as well as chapter 700. It just covered chapter 699, which means we unfortunately won't be seeing the time skip just yet.

Tylerr wrote:
lame...

i wanted fillers from naruto the last movie period.

We got plenty of pts fillers back before shippuuden even started.

Technically you will. The Hiden novels that are getting adapted take place from The Last period. And I'm really looking forward to them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3