• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Schoolgirl Anime Love Lab

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Yep, whatever you say, Sparky. Thanks for once again giving the rest us the cheap laugh that comes with, "wow...could that person REALLY be that stupid?"

(Hint: yes.)

[waah-waah-waah]

To get back on topic (sort of), the point that I implied in my original post was that people were going to watch Love Lab regardless of whether crunchyroll made it available officially or not, and that expecting people to not watch it when it started to air because there wasn't an "official" method at that point in time is naive at best. That's it. Anything else that you interpreted from that statement is a misstep on your part.

And has already been explained to you a zillion times but which you are too dense to comprehend is that CR didn't expect anyone not to watch Love Lab. Hell, they probably didn't even know they were getting the title until recently. I'm sure they are very aware that many of us (I, for one, will use leech sites when a title is not available as a legit stream) have been watching. Their policy is to obtain every single title they can, regardless if it is late or not. They add older shows to their catalogue all the time. Not that you would know because your understanding of how CR operates equals your understanding of everything else in the world: eff all.

As hpulley pointed out and which once again you can't understand is that not everyone watches a title from square one. CR is now making it available for those who haven't gotten around to it yet.

shitori's predictable reply: "Me no understaaaaaaaand, duuuuuuuh!"

Last edited by Blood- on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
My Name's Not Rick!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
dont forget the rolling eyes emoticon, that's important
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 am Reply with quote
I assume the rolly-eyes are understood.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Disappointing that episode 9 aired an hour ago and yet there's not even some sort of countdown timer in the video section about when it'll be available on c-roll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/love-lab
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Disappointing that episode 9 aired an hour ago and yet there's not even some sort of countdown timer in the video section about when it'll be available on c-roll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/love-lab

They probably haven't finalized the details like when each episode will stream and how episodes per week will they post to catch up with the latest episodes.

I'm a little surprised that CR hasn't done any Site News yet on the first two Rozen Maiden anime or Jubei-chan despite those being available now.
hpulley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote
First, I'm glad that the news is finally official. It will air on Fridays, not same day:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-819065/new-summer-titles-love-lab-jubei-chan-rozen-maiden-seasons-12

Quote:
Love Lab will be launching on Crunchyroll Friday, August 30, 2013 at 11:25am PDT in the following territories: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Turkey, Germany, Latin America (Central and South America including Carribean), Spain, Portugal, France.

Shiratori1 wrote:
...I don't know where you got the idea that I am a freeloading fan who doesn't like to pay for things and is a frequent user of torrents , but that assumption is simply false (I actually spend hundreds of dollars on Anime and related products every year). I have NO interest in using torrents (too easy to pick up viruses/spyware or be tracked by law enforcement). If downloading is necessary (due to the lack of an "official" source) then I will direct download only. Ultimately, if an "official" simulcast is available, then that is how I will see the show, but if their isn't, then I will still attempt to see it using the method that I mentioned above (I don't think that that is wrong or unreasonable).

To get back on topic (sort of), the point that I implied in my original post was that people were going to watch Love Lab regardless of whether crunchyroll made it available officially or not, and that expecting people to not watch it when it started to air because there wasn't an "official" method at that point in time is naive at best. That's it. Anything else that you interpreted from that statement is a misstep on your part.
It sounded like from your response that you download. And you admit that you do but if you also support anime by purchasing it then I'm quite OK with that. As long as you support it at the end of the day, I am happy. Many people download and never buy anything.

I don't really know what you mean by "download direct". Some alternative to torrent or something? I honestly don't know as I don't download.

As for the expectations, I guess it is the legality of it. Waiting for a legal stream which is a delay-cast, like this one, is something that not everyone will do, I know. But some will do so. Legally they should wait but since I haven't heard of anyone being prosecuted for downloading a fansub of a Japanese show here, it seems many people do not wait.

Not everyone drives at the speed limit, in fact almost no one does. Some people get caught. Not everyone pays their taxes, etc. etc. It is up to you if you want to be legal or not. In some cases such as this it seems there are no consequences so... people do it.

It is a sad world we live in where expecting people to wait for a legal simulcast is considered naive but you may be right. When everyone gets away with it here, I guess they are going to do it.

A few people in Japan have been arrested for uploading but not downloading which is odd.

On youtube it seems music is the tough part, no one gives a crap about the videos but if you include the OP there is a good chance the sound track will get zapped if its by Nana Mizuki. RIAA and its Japanese counterpart has their act together while the Japanese movie folks are behind. I am actually surprised that fansubs haven't been spanked more for the music. There are many takedown requests on the DMCA site but it seems like they are just way too slow.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Huh, so even worse than the treatment of GJ-bu. Not only is it picked up 3/4 into the series, but it's also a delayed stream by 24 hours. Guess I can be hopeful that Sentai may have an interest in bring it over for a sub-only DVD release at least.
hpulley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 1-2 and 9 are up on Crunchyroll for subscribers!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
1-2 don't require subscription.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
I don't really know what you mean by "download direct". Some alternative to torrent or something? I honestly don't know as I don't download.

I'm not going to get into specifics here, but I will say that there are ways to download a show (when necessary) other than torrents.

Blood- wrote:
Insults, part II

Yeah, this "conversation" is over. You can continue to submit ridiculous posts and be a douche all you want, but don't expect a serious response from me. Like I said in my previous post, you are not worth my time nor energy.

This is for you...
hpulley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
1-2 don't require subscription.
right, thanks for the correction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3