• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Curse You Bandai Store

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:46 pm Reply with quote
AJMkarate717 wrote:
So, still no reply from the Bandai store ticketing system. I placed my help request on Saturday... I mean, I really want it as soon as possible, but I paid less for shipping in my previous (deleted) order than I would have to now, so if this keeps up, I may just go to Rightstuf, like I do for every other release.

Well, getting close to two weeks without a response. I'm placing an order with Rightstuf. I'm willing to wait two months to ensure I actually get it...

Bad, Bandai Store! Bad! *squirt bottle*
x25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:47 am Reply with quote
From the Bandai store help section:

“We currently ship to the United States and associated territories/possessions, as well as Canada.”

“It is our commitment to provide you with the best value, at the best price. We value your business and stive to keep our prices low, and SAVE you money!”
niclic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm not one for posting much, but I just can't take it anymore...

Bandai Entertainment sucks. At least their support does. It just defies belief how useless their online support system is. I've had an open ticket with them for months. I've asked them to close it but they won't. OK, whatever.

So, I'm on their shopping site where I attempt redeem 200 reward points. I'm told I will get a confirmation email, presumably with instructions for applying my points to my next order. That was almost 2 weeks ago. No email yet. I tried to open another support ticket, but get this - the system tells me I can only have one open ticket at a time. Amazing. I've tried to contact Bandai but I get absolutely no help at all. I've given up that I'll ever see those points again but that's OK, because then I will have no reason to give them my money.

I buy all my anime from RACS, and occasionally RS. I've had good experiences with RS, but I find that shipping to Canada takes a lot longer than other vendors. I prefer RACS. Yes, shipping and prices appear to be more than RS or Amazon.com, but believe me, it all evens out in the end. As a Canadian buyer of anime, my experience with RACS has been excellent - lightening fast shipping and no hidden fees.

As for Bandai, I was fooled by the offer of store exclusives but trying to be a customer of Bandai Entertainment is just not worth the hassle. Their shopping site still gives me the option to ship to Canada, but I'm done with them and their amateurish ways.
Scormio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Why would you ever, ever, ever buy something from the Bandai store when its ALWAYS cheaper at RACS or RightStuf.
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
x25 wrote:

“It is our commitment to provide you with the best value, at the best price. We value your business and stive to keep our prices low, and SAVE you money!”

When you charge 30-40$ per single, you know ur spouting BS.

Bandai blows. Thats not a newsflash.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
niclic wrote:
I'm not one for posting much, but I just can't take it anymore...

Bandai Entertainment sucks.
In other news, water is wet. Laughing
niclic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In other news, water is wet.

I guess I should post more. Or at least read the forums more often.

n00b...
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
niclic wrote:

Bandai Entertainment sucks. At least their support does. It just defies belief how useless their online support system is. I've had an open ticket with them for months. I've asked them to close it but they won't. OK, whatever.

Same here. I've had an open ticket for a few weeks now, and I'm trying to get my Haruhi discs replaced, but I can't open another ticket. I tried contacting their support email address, but it told me me to use the store help system. I am fuming.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Amazingly enough I got an answer back regarding the situation:

Quote:
Hope all is well. In regards to your question at this time we are looking for a new shipping service for our Canadian customers. Once we have the service set up we will re open service to Canada. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

Good to know they are at least working on it, though I fear they will switch to UPS or FedEx now which sucks. UPS would be especially disastrous as I have yet to have anything but problems with them in the past, though FedEx is not much better as Canadians are sure to be hit with customs fee's with either carrier.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, after a little over a month I have finally gotten a reply from the Bandai store about my 5cm Per Second order. They were nice enough to let me re-order at the original price. Unfortunately, they were about three-and-a-half weeks too late. My order has long been placed with Rightstuf for a significantly lower price. Sorry, Bandai. You snooze, you lose.
dboypr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
Just ordered from bandai store last week since they had .hack//sign and big o which has been discontinued in some places but didn't have any problems, my items have already been shipped, and I'm from puerto rico, that's a lot farther than Canada, it doesn't make sense
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
dboypr wrote:
Just ordered from bandai store last week since they had .hack//sign and big o which has been discontinued in some places but didn't have any problems, my items have already been shipped, and I'm from puerto rico, that's a lot farther than Canada, it doesn't make sense

Because Puerto Rico is a US territory you guys still use USPS (presumably) and there's no customs paperwork to fill out. The Bandai store use to use USPS shipping to Canada which probably required someone to actually go into a post office every time which is why they are looking into alternative shipping methods that use a third party that does all that paperwork for them. I know with Rightstuf wile they technically still use USPS they go through a third party logistics firm (which from what I understand is DHL) to ship their stuff to Canada.
dboypr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote
I just got the package i ordered last week from bandai without any problems, it was the discontinued .hack//sign collection but i would recommend just buying something that you cant get anywhere only since is not cheaper than TRIS or RACS.
TwelveMind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:45 am Reply with quote
Sorry about rehashing this thread, but I'm hoping to get answers from those that's in the know. With the impending release of Rurouni Kenshin OVA Blu-Ray, I'm considering a purchase from either Rightstuf or the Bandai store.

The last time I ordered from Rightstuf, I got the Baccano Blu-Ray disc box for $59.48 plus the standard $7.00 shipping charge to Toronto, Canada. I was definitely expecting some sort of import fee/custom tax but was shell-shocked when I was charged $18 upon delivery. For those keeping count, that's $84.48 for the set.

Now, my question is what's the shipping like for the Bandai store? For the Kenshin OVA Blu-Ray, it's $64.98 + $12.45 shipping + $8.45 HST. Is that it or will I be surprised by an import surcharge?

I prefer the system at Amazon.com whereupon the tax and import fees are already laid out. Oh well, appreciate it if I can get some help in this regard. Thanks! Rolling Eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:45 am Reply with quote
TwelveMind - the way it normally works is if you import from TRSI, you should only be charged the HST and a handling charge upon delivery. In my experience, handling charges ranged from $5-$7. So in the case of your Baccano BD, you should have only been charged $14-ish at most. TRSI's shipping agent until recently was XPO; TRSI dropped them when that company stopped providing itemized receipts (i.e. no longer listed how much you were paying in HST and how much in delivery charges). In future, be sure to check your itemized receipt to make sure you are not be overcharged (TRSI now has a new shipping agent that presumably does this).

As for Bandai, I thought they stopped shipping to Canada? Did they resume at some point? If they have, I have no idea what you might be charged for a handling fee - that seems to depend on the shipping agent used.

The reason why sometimes it is cheaper to order from Amazon.com, is that I don't think it (and especially sellers in its Marketplace) are as rigorous about identifying its packages so that the HST is charged to you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4