• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blockbuster Prepares for Bankruptcy in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
golby260

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quote
*looks at necromancy cane, ponders it, and puts it away*

So, here's my question for all: what can I do now to rent movies and video games without having to get out my credit card or to even need a computer?

I'm the only person on the planet, I guess, who isn't bothered by late fees so much as bothered by having to commit to something which it used to be a one-time deal. I don't like how, nowadays, if I want to rent something without renewing my Netflix subscription, I have to go to the lobby outside my local Wal-Mart where the Redbox is; meanwhile, if I want to rent games, um, if I don't feel like subscribing to something like GameFly, which is overpriced, I'm screwed whenever Blockbuster crumbles to dust.

And I don't like downloading rentals, either: that 24-hour window after first watching something is just B.S. on a stick. Razz See why, sometimes, having something in physical form is just better?

(And I'm more than aware of how evil Blockbuster is... I liked Hollywood Video more, but they're gone, now, too.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3