• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad, Blue Drop, Ghost Hound, Tears to Tiara Get Dubs

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
This is great news

now where's my Maria+Holic dub? I hope they get the money to dub some of there other titles after this.

Guess I will check out Clannad now thats it's getting a dub. I was holding off watching because I don't really want to watch this series subbed.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Im shocked. I honestly didn't think they would ever go back and dub any of their shows.

Looks like dubbed Clannad and Ghost Hound will be my very first Sentai purchases Razz

Me either, thank goodness, been waiting for this ever since they got back in the game and made side comments that they hoped to get back to dubbing titles in the future. Great to see them get back into it!

Blue Drop, Ghost Hound and an upgrade of the Tears to Tiara's I got during Rightstuf's christmas sales will be mine right away when these are ready. Hopefully these do well so that we'll continue to get more for their new future titles.

Totally awesome day!

Last edited by DangerMouse on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZenErik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Guess I will check out Clannad now thats it's getting a dub. I was holding off watching because I don't really want to watch this series subbed.
No one will be able to pull off a good Fuko in English.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Having JUST purchased Clannad and Clannad After Story, I was ready to gut somebody over this news UNTIL I came to the part about Sentai offering a buyer upgrade program for folks like me. Has anybody ever used one of these dealios before? How do they tend to work? Will people who have bought the sub sets need to pay anything at all, or might it be a straight swap?
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Great news, but that must undoubtedly suck for anyone who already bought the sub-only releases. However, it's equally great that Sentai is offering an "upgrade" for the sets. Now I'm really curious to see how many of the old ADV players they can gather back for their new shows. The press release makes it sound like they are hiring VAs from couple of different dub groups in that first paragraph, but then again, that part wasn't made entirely clear, either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
slickwolfie wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Reibooi wrote:
Best news I have heard all day.

Now all they need to do is Dub Hell Girl 2 and try to get the original cast(which is probably impossible) and we will have a winner Very Happy

ADV and Funimation had good relations in the past it is quite possible that neoADV does still.

Wait, ADV and Funi having good relations is like saying Palestine and Israel have good relations.

They've co-released a few series together, they share a pool of the same actors. That's pretty good relations. They're not car bombing each other's headquarters or bad-mouthing each other on their websites. Laughing
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Wait it's not April 1st today is it? *checks*:P

No. It's the Ides of March. Somehow more ominous.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Having JUST purchased Clannad and Clannad After Story, I was ready to gut somebody over this news UNTIL I came to the part about Sentai offering a buyer upgrade program for folks like me. Has anybody ever used one of these dealios before? How do they tend to work? Will people who have bought the sub sets need to pay anything at all, or might it be a straight swap?

I was wondering the same thing. I honestly don't know how it would work but I would assume it would not be completely free(I just see them losing way to much money that way) I would guess we pay maybe 10-20 bucks and they send us copies with the dub. However like I said I have no idea.

To me it seems that most people who wanted these shows bought them(even alot of people who wanted dubs like myself) So just giving the upgrade away for free would just cause them to lose alot. They are not gonna be able to profit from the amount of people who have not bought a DVD because of a lack of the dub. So I would guess there will be a small fee however it's all speculation.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
slickwolfie wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Reibooi wrote:
Best news I have heard all day.

Now all they need to do is Dub Hell Girl 2 and try to get the original cast(which is probably impossible) and we will have a winner Very Happy

ADV and Funimation had good relations in the past it is quite possible that neoADV does still.

Wait, ADV and Funi having good relations is like saying Palestine and Israel have good relations.

They've co-released a few series together, they share a pool of the same actors. That's pretty good relations. They're not car bombing each other's headquarters or bad-mouthing each other on their websites. Laughing

Ahem.. not each others websites, but some other sites........
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, come to think of it, it doesn't make much sense that there wouldn't be some sort of upgrade fee. After all, presumably the sets would have been more expensive if they had started off dubbed in the first place compared to the sub sets. Yep, I'll be very curious about the specifics of this upgrade thing.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ahem.. not each others websites, but some other sites........

No offical war declaration then, though. Razz

Last edited by Kruszer on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taco-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
AS SOON AS I BUY THE SUBBED CLANNAD AND GIVE UP ON THE DUB

this happens.
fml.

Last edited by Taco-chan on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, come to think of it, it doesn't make much sense that there wouldn't be some sort of upgrade fee. After all, presumably the sets would have been more expensive if they had started off dubbed in the first place compared to the sub sets. Yep, I'll be very curious about the specifics of this upgrade thing.

I am curious about this as well. Since I have just eh first part of Clannad I don't have AS yet, I am curious as to how this "upgrade" will work.

What I am curious about now, is maybe that these rereleases will have the sub mistakes correct.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sakaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Please please please please do Gintama. I'll buy as many as it takes dammit. I just want a Gintama duuuuuub!! There's still a month till it comes out, it can happen! It can!!
Tsunami3k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Truly fantastic news. I typically prefer dubs but I've consistently bought Neo-ADV titles in the hope that they'd be able to restart their dubbing engine at some point. This is perfect timing since I concluded only a few days ago that, of all of the sub-only shows that I had bought, I had only watched a couple of them.

Thanks for making my day Sentai!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 13