• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Annual Seiyū Award Winners Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Does anyone else find it hysterical that Sugita has "Zangetsu" in his email address? Like a true fanboy! Laughing

The name of his website is actually Zangetsu, which is probably why it's in his email address. Wink

I'm curious as to who won the foreign fan award. Did any of you guys vote? I voted Kamiya. Smile I hope for next year's they'll at least separate male and female.

A bit surprised that Nakamura Yuuichi did not win anything for his role as Alto in Macross Frontier...
Amaya no Hime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:22 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
zanarkand princess wrote:

Also outside of Kyon, Tomokazu Sugita is terribly underrated.

Hmm... Not in my circle he ain't.
At a certain seiyuu-centric forum I frequent, Sugita's rather popular, though perhaps a little more for his weird personality than his acting, haha. (One of his hobbies is editing AVs and turning them into MADs, for example, LoL!!) But no, we enjoy his acting too. No one can replace him as Gintoki!!!

You have to tell me which forum this is! I need somewhere that I can talk endlessly about my obsession with Sugita.

GokuMew2 wrote:
A bit surprised that Nakamura Yuuichi did not win anything for his role as Alto in Macross Frontier...

You're not the only one. He had many great roles last year too but he didn't win.

Really, this is why people say (Okay, it's 2ch and 4ch) that the awards are rigged. They don't list any roles and most of the winners are linked to certain seiyuu agencies or popular shows. Last year, Kugimiya as supporting actress for Nagi made no sense. Nagi's a main character! This year's Aya Endo... Sheryl was her biggest character this year, and she's also a main character.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote
Like I said it might have something to do with fan preference...

Also yes sugita fans unite! It would be great to have him at a convention or something. Even better if he preformed his version of Hare Hare Yukai.
I'm also curious about the international VA. Is it our normal Va like Greg Ayres and Monica Rial? Are the nominees American or Canadian or British?
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
I'm also curious about the international VA. Is it our normal Va like Greg Ayres and Monica Rial? Are the nominees American or Canadian or British?

Unless I grossly misinterpreted the website, the nominees should be Japanese. Wink The award isn't for the best "international" voice actor, but for the best seiyuu as voted for by non-Japanese fans.
From the English language website wrote:
Establishment of New Category for the Seiyuu Awards
PURPOSE

The Seiyuu Awards was established as an annual award to honor voice actors and actress for their achievements in memorable voice acting performances and creative works. The Tokyo Anime Center, in cooperation with the Japan Audio Producer's Association and representatives from the animation industry, aims to contribute to increasing the status of voice actors and actress by providing the largest scale award show in the industry. Presently, voice acting is ranked as one of the highest occupations that children aspire to, increasing the attention towards the voice acting profession. There is also increasing support from overseas, and each year, more and more voice actors are taking part in overseas events. With this in mind, a new category in the Seiyuu Awards, the Overseas Fan's Choice Awards(It depends on a vote except the Japanese) has been established to recognize more voice actors by recognizing opinions from more areas. This category will give fans from overseas the opportunity to choose who they think is the most memorable voice actor. Voting for this category shall take place online at the official website, and the award will be presented as a special category award.
Voting Process

Votes from overseas fans only shall be counted. Voting will take place at the official website. Fans will vote for one voice actor (regardless of gender). The results of the vote shall determine the first assessment. A second assessment shall be held by the Seiyuu Awards Selection Committee.
Voting Eligibility

Anyone who is not Japanese (Please refrain from voting if you are Japanese)
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Joichiro Nishi wrote:
I'm sick of Fukuyama's hype. He is too limited as a seiyuu and when he tried to be serious, his voice is ridiculous. He isn't even talented as a comedian, his "funny" voice is annoying.

I have no problem with him. He's interesting in most of the stuff I listen to him in, but not really someone I seek out.

Nice to see Inoue land it, though.
Amaya no Hime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
The awards ceremony was today. It turns out that Fukuyuma Jun won the Overseas Category, not the Radio Personality. There are also some winners from other categories who haven't been mentioned.

http://seiyunews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1710
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
Amaya no Hime wrote:
The awards ceremony was today. It turns out that Fukuyuma Jun won the Overseas Category, not the Radio Personality. There are also some winners from other categories who haven't been mentioned.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *KAMIYA* won the personality award!! YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am EXTREMELY happy!! Kamiya is hilarious on Dear Girl ~Stories~ with Ono Daisuke. Too bad Ono couldn't win too.

Anyhoo, not surprised that Fukuyama won the Foreign Fan Award since Lelouch is pretty epic. That I can be satisfied with.

I've edited my blog with the winners and the roles they're winning for over here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3