• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So what did you learn from your anime?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scytalle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 am Reply with quote
Somehow your hair can go behind your eyes

Also, apparently everyone super enunciates the act of taking a bite of food, and then makes quiet noises while they chew.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
Even the thinnest wall will block all but the loudest sounds, but people can be heard for hundreds of meters away if they have line of sight.
Sentire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Amnesia: You can carry on a deep relationship with any number of hot guys at the same time without ever completing a sentence.
Ha! Good one.... so far, this seems to be true.
FloruOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Evangelion: Humanity is a horrible, horrible thing D8
Cowboy Bebop: Coolness is directly proportional to how many cigarets you smoke. And how spiky your hair is.
Fruits Basket: Humanity CAN be a beautiful, beautiful thing 8D
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Having an incapacitating cold is the best opportunity for a romantic date with your loved one tending to you lovingly. Also, people get feverish in an erotic way when they catch the flu.

Boobs can bounce in a way that defies gravity and physics, even if the person they're attached to is standing completely still.

Beautiful people sparkle

Your ultimate, killer, definitive secret technique will only be usable when you're on the verge of death and/or on the last second of the fight

Even if the evil guy has an ultimate secret technique that'll kill you for sure, he won't use it until you develop a technique to counter it.

Saint Seiya: A headband can protect your head as much as a helmet would do. And it also looks cooler.
When told "don't fight again or you'll certainly die", you can fight without worry; you won't die no matter what.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
Anime in general: Teenagers are able to live alone without their parents perfectly fine.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Da Capo and other anime: If someone has a fever, you must use your own forehead not your hands to feel their fever.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
Anime in general: Teenagers are able to live alone without their parents perfectly fine.

And no one will blame you if you leave a 5 year old home alone without a sitter, even if they're sick, or even if they have a tendency to wander around town by themselves, while you go to work - as long as you wish you didn't have to. If you're just going to the store, you don't have to think twice.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ignatz wrote:

And no one will blame you if you leave a 5 year old home alone without a sitter, even if they're sick, or even if they have a tendency to wander around town by themselves, while you go to work - as long as you wish you didn't have to. If you're just going to the store, you don't have to think twice.

Who said anything about thinking in anime? Wink
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop: The rule of cool is eternal
Evangelion: Putting psychologically unstable 14 year olds to pilot giant mechs is a bad idea
5cm per second: Life sucks
Bleach: Whoever has the longest sword wins

FMA, Trigun: Having blond hair and a red jacket guarantees success

Last edited by Ambimunch on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Kotoura-san: It's always your fault, even when it isn't.

THE UNLIMITED: Hyobu Kyosuke: Prejudice is a terrible thing, and also a bad idea when they people you're prejudiced against can warp reality and destroy cities with their mind.

OreShura: Self-insert fanfic will get you a girlfriend.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
THE UNLIMITED: Hyobu Kyosuke: Prejudice is a terrible thing, and also a bad idea when they people you're prejudiced against can warp reality and destroy cities with their mind.

Alternately, "It is common courtesy in battle, when your opponents need to converse with each other, to politely cease fire until they are done."
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:

I would also mention that it doesn't matter how many innocent people the heroes kill in their completely-stupid plans, as long as the civilians aren't actually killed on screen.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
AKB0048: Powered armor and advanced AI munitions are no match for a 13 year old girl with a weak voice singing an overplayed pop tune.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 20 of 20