• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porcupine

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes Johnny Yong Bosch does try to change his voice a little bit for Zero, but oftentimes he does not try. And even when he does try it is obvious it is still the same guy just trying to sound different.

Unless the voice is different enough to instill some doubt, there's still the Clark Kent/Superman problem. Personally I don't think Japanese Lelouch manages to change his voice too well either, but he always tries, and maybe it's enough to instill the minimal level of doubt. Anyway that's why I said Dan Green should have been Lelouch, he would have been awesome with his Yami Yugi vs little Yugi voicework. His little Yugi sounds remotely similar to Johnny Yong Bosch, while his Yami Yugi voice is remotely similar to Japanese Lelouch.

BTW the broadcast of Code Geass on Adult Swim analog cable was all jerky again this week, and it was a weird different kind of pattern-less jerkiness than before. But Death Note for the first time got all jerky too. So I guess now we know these are Cartoon Network problems and not mastering problems.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
It's about to get really good now that spoiler[Cornelia comes into play.] Twisted Evil
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine what you see is AS 'speeding up' the show to fit within their time slot
Airforce1

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Why did they remove Pizza Hut from the cover of the pizza box?
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Airforce1 wrote:

because it tastes like wood?

Just sayin...
Porcupine

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote
BladeDragoon, yeah when stations speed up shows to fit within a time slot the effect is jerkiness roughly similar to what I described. But in this case I don't think that is the reason, I think Cartoon Network is just messing up. Why else would Code Geass 1 and 2 be jerky, 3 and 4 be perfect, but 5 be extra jerky again (more jerky than 1 and 2)? And why would Death Note be extra jerky for only last week's episode but not any of the roughly 30 episodes before that? Unless last week's episodes were all coincidentally ultra long or something I don't think that was the reason.

But good observation because the jerkiness effect is indeed similar to the speeding up or slowing down shows effect.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote
Airforce1 wrote:

Go back and read page 7 and 8 of this thread.

BellosTheMighty wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
You both didn't notice the Pizza Hut product placement, and you will continue not to, because Bandai or adult swim edited it out. The reasons are unknown, but I'm sure it had to do with Pizza Hut (USA francise, not the same corporate entity as the Japanese) not wanting its name on a cartoon that doesn't fit their standards, possibly because of (insert idle Censorzilla speculation)

Have you considered that maybe they didn't want to pay the extra money to continue the product placement? Or maybe the other way around- the U.S. franchise demanded money to let Bandai continue using the images, and they refused to get screwed over like that?
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:27 am Reply with quote
porcupine the only thing I noticed (barely) was the speed up

I think something might be wrong with your cable provider (this was the first time it seemed sped up to me)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Airforce1 wrote:

because it tastes like wood?

Just sayin...

Pizza Hut is actually the Best tasting and most edible delivery-based pizza out of all the chain places we have arround here if you can imagine that.

Last edited by Kruszer on Wed May 28, 2008 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
So....this "Euphemia" chick? All I could think of was Yuffie from Final Fantasy... -.-' Both are annoying as all get-out.

I can see where Suzaku might be annoying to some people now, but he's not getting to me yet. Still think Lelouch is the bigger douche.

FUN FACT: In Japan, Suzaku is known as "Uzaku" for "Uzai"...(annoying) Laughing
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Airforce1 wrote:

Pizza Hut is actually the Best tasting and most edible delivery-based pizza out of all the chain places we have arround here if you can imagine that.

Well, see, that's the problem. Screw the chain places, Mom & Pop stores are still the place to go for pizza.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote
You get what you pay for as the saying goes. You want better pizza you've got to pay more for it and go with a sit in resturant or at least a take 'N Bake place. *shrugs*

Anyhow back to Code Geass
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I for one didn't notice any Pizza boxes or anything that could have advertised Pizza Hut in this last episode, but that's probably because I wasn't looking for it. Wink

JesuOtaku wrote:
So....this "Euphemia" chick? All I could think of was Yuffie from Final Fantasy... -.-' Both are annoying as all get-out.

You know it's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing! Laughing And honestly, if I could turn off my closed caption on my TV (missing the remote for that.....) I probably would have thought from the start that her name was indeed Yuffie. Anime smile + sweatdrop (the script on the CC had her name listed for her lines as the full "Euphemia." )
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote
The original version of the instance in the last episode looks like this:

...and was fairly obvious I must add. Unless you were distracted by something....else durring that scene. Wink
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
The original version of the instance in the last episode looks like this:

...and was fairly obvious I must add. Unless you were distracted by something....else durring that scene. Wink

Heh, now that you mention it I think there might have been a scene where she was eating pizza and even offered Lelouch some....... but the fact of the matter is that I wasn't necessarily going into the episode thinking "Alright, let's see if we can spot where this Pizza Hut add could have been" so basically an unimportant scene such as C.C. eating pizza and offering some to Lelouch goes right over my head. So don't worry I'm not some kind of perv or anything. Wink

Although I have to say that I probably would have noticed it had it actually been there. You're definitely right, it would have been that obvious. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 60