• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Milky Holmes Cast to Voice My Little Pony in Japan

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Kyonin wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
@ Stuart: Pre-School Show is a bit harsh, its much better then that. Also i'm not saying the shows are in the same league yes it is wrong to compare them as actual shows, just making a round about statement about actual fanbases, both liking something that was origoinally intended for young girls. Thats all.

But yes the show unlike what your saying is written so multiple age groups can enjoy it, again the writers specifically state they write something they would want to sit down and watch with their kids, near everyone on the shows staff has been in the animation field for Decades and worked on many popular Cartoon Network & even a few Nicktoons over the years, they know what they are doing. And believe it or not the characters in the show do develop over time just like in any other good story, and the show does have a sense of continuity that it builds off of, which is more then can be said for most "pre-school" shows.

Again I will say I was overzealous into comparing it to PreCure, but my overall point still stands.

Oh give it a rest. We all know about your bias so give up the act. If you really don't think your point is unfounded and that you aren't prejudice then you must not really read what you type or are simply oblivious to it. We all know of your My Little Pony obsession and prejudice in that regard, and nothing presented demonstrates the show is on par with anything in the Japanese market or even the American market other than the fact you think you do and say you do, but in the end your credibility is no greater than anyone else invested in said market or a resident of Japan. In the end it's just, "well my friends say" or "I was on x site and saw" or "I haven't seen it so it must be like this".

All you've demonstrated is that you're obsessed with My Little Pony, have an irrational disdain towards that which is not part of Equestria (probably the center of the universe in your world), are outright dismissive of something's quality simply because in your apparent all knowing all seeing world you feel your show is just as good as others so it must be truly equal, and most importantly that you see yourself as some great expert based on hilariously bad credentials that would make a good chunk of people on this site "experts" or even greater "experts" than you on shows they like.

Well obviously being a fan of the show i'm going to defend it when people pointlessly bash or belittle it. Just as i'm sure you would for any series you like, and no its not the center of my universe, *that would be comics & manga Anime hyper*

I have done and said nothing wrong, and i'm sorry you take such offense to my words.

Also I don't believe I ever claimed to be an expert on anything, I am merely a very nerdy man who loves animation both foreign & domestic

Oh, and love your Avatar, Pinkie & The Brain is another excellent toon!
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Thread's getting more than a little out of hand with the personal attacks. Everyone calm down and be civil or I'm going to start handing out bans.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
please stop arguing with an obvious alt accounts Soundmonkey44 yea k thnx
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
rockman nes wrote:
please stop arguing with an obvious alt accounts Soundmonkey44 yea k thnx

Your right, I shouldn't let haters & trolls get to me so.... I know in the end arguing is pointless, but you know how it is, when you have an anime or cartoon you really care about, you just feel inclined to defend it.

I try my best to respect others opinions, I do, its just, when a viewpoint is fuled by such pointless hate & negativity, it gets to me yea know.

And oh I know i'm no saint myself, I bash ecchi & hentai far to often, lord knows I do.

But yeah, if some one has a legit opinion be it negative or positive, thats fine, but when an opinion is so overly negative & so narrow minded, ugg, I can't stand it. *No its true, I even go back and look at some of my own posts online and curse myself for being so stupid to pointlessly bash a show just because it was something I had a strong bias against*

Legit negativity & objectivity is great, I just sadly haven't seen much if any of it from all the dare I say.. "Neigh-Sayers" in this particular thread.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh god. We've found the next TitanXL.

He's even got the same "My japanese children's cartoons are SO EDGY AND GRIMDARK SO MATURE" thing going on.

Strawman aside for a moment, I thought I was the "I like Japan" guy, but now I'm the "children's shows are edgy" guy?
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh god. We've found the next TitanXL.

He's even got the same "My japanese children's cartoons are SO EDGY AND GRIMDARK SO MATURE" thing going on.

Strawman aside for a moment, I thought I was the "I like Japan" guy, but now I'm the "children's shows are edgy" guy?

You are whoever the forum needs you to be at the time.
And you have no say in the matter.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
You are whoever the forum needs you to be at the time.
And you have no say in the matter.

[cue music]

TitanXL - not the forumite we deserve, but the forumite we need. So we'll mock him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent bogeyman. A watchful lurker. A Dark Troll.

[No offence meant, it was all tongue-in-cheek. Mods, feel free to delete this post if I went too far.]
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote
Ugh.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12