• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why ANN Is Against SOPA/PIPA

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Great to see that ANN doesn't support this crappy bill. Smile
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Glad you don't support this bill, I don't either.

This is just tjhe goverment trying to take more of our freedoms away. Evil or Very Mad
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
What annoys me most about this kind of thing is that these companies who support the bill would be very likely to release glowing paeans to free market capitalism, but when the market works against them they don't try to adapt to it, they bribe the government in an attempt to crush the innovation they claim to embody. They don't have any principles. They only want an easy life where they can scoop up money with no trouble at all.
XCStriker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I am please that ANN is also against SOPA/ PIPA, since it will harm us in many different way. Especially congress who only do what lobbyist say and what they want for their own benefit. In all reality, I truly don't believe that congress are supporting the public, and only support people who has money.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
ANN, I love you guys even more now. I'm so glad that you're supporting the protest of SOPA and PIPA as well. I've been staying offline most of the day, but I'm so glad that I came on today to see that you guys were participating. ^^
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Nice article. This was the first time I've read about SOPA on a website in a way that wasn't over the top left wing, "the world will be destroyed and the economy will be reduced to $0" rhetoric.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Any politician in America who dares tread on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights should be strung up, drawn, and quartered. The time has come for a second American Revolution! SOPA and PIPA will not silence us!

Congress supporting big business over the American people: Proof why we need to overthrow the U.S. government. These blatant violations of the Constitution and our freedom are why the Second Amendment exists!
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Nice article. This was the first time I've read about SOPA on a website in a way that wasn't over the top left wing, "the world will be destroyed and the economy will be reduced to $0" rhetoric.

Yes, my own brother screamed at me when I made fun of people on twitter saying that google, facebook, youtube etc. were all going to be shut down forever.

I think SOPA is terrible but it annoys me when people blow it out of proportion.
Hiyugi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
That explains it all, lol.

Shocked The way the comic states, does that make me a pirate, lmao.

Wow...

Last edited by Hiyugi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
calimike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I support SOPA. Call for ANN shut down for pirate... I praised ICE for courage and bravery!
Fifth B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see ANN is doing a little something to spread the word. Even if we aren't in the US, SOPA and PIPA will still have an impact on us if passed.

Clyde_Cash wrote:
The time has come for a second American Revolution! SOPA and PIPA will not silence us! . . . These blatant violations of the Constitution and our freedom are why the Second Amendment exists!

Do you know what "unhinged" means?
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this has been one amazing news day. Several webcomic sites have banned together on this issue, Wikipedia has been blacked. Things have been heating up on this issue.

And by heat up, I mean lit on fire.

In a trashcan.

And thrown through a window.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
This is bull. I do this exact same thing and everyone throws a fit. Then ANN and other sites go and censor their stuff and everyone's all "Oh we have to act!"

This country sucks... people only listen to those in power... of course those in power are going to eventually abuse that fact.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
The truly sad thing about SOPA is that if it fails, it will return again in a few years in a slightly tweaked form, and will continue to do so many times, like a monster that keeps coming back in sequels, although you were sure it was killed off before.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12