• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Wild Gift

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
i have some of the shows on VHS (hamtaro) but yea i remember watching it on cartoon network along time ago.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote
1. Ankylosaurus was my favorite dinosaur too.

2. I haven't read them, but both volumes of Romance of the Three Kingdoms are on order for me at my local bookstore. Also, I enjoyed Samurai Warriors equally as much as DW 3-5, and I don't have a next-gen console to check out Gundam yet (although, being a zealot, I will most likely love it; I thought Encounters in Space was perfect).

3. Will they frakking add Kyosuke Date to T vs. C already?!
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
The Famitsu scans for the week just went up the other night. TvC was confirmed for Wii. Wii-exclusive minigames and a new console exclusive character (A Genie from some Tatsunoko series) will be added.

There's some really awesome loketest footage here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDD5EqheQo
Lots of Karas, love the second stage shown (Onimusha?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdnwVbzh58M
Some awesome Doronjo+Batsu gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKLR6QI8Hsg
EPIC MECHA GAMEPLAY! Lightan vs PTX

As far as the other news, I loved Kirby Super Star, and I really want to pick up Wario Land because of it's beautiful visuals. I was kinda suckered into buying Super Paper Mario for the same reason.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Blue Dragon Ignition: Well, I don't own a DS, so I can't really say I'll play this. But doing it strategy style might be interesting. And 16 playable characters sounds like Jeanne D'Arc's cozy little PSP game.

Megaman 9: Why oh why can they never make decent artwork for Megaman? Would it kill Capcom U.S.A. to try and make him look the right away?

Dinosaur King: A shame this never came out earlier in my life, back when dinosaurs were the craze among crazy kids. I'd actually watch the anime more and probably get the game too.

Kirby: Whyo! Kirby still rules my Nintendo universe. Though I have to admit I haven't played any of his new generation games. ^^;
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Megaman 9: Why oh why can they never make decent artwork for Megaman? Would it kill Capcom U.S.A. to try and make him look the right away?

Um...the whole point of that cover artwork is to emulate the godawful designs on the US versions of the earliest games. It's part and parcel with the entire nostalgia appeal of the title.
animem@ster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I want the Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2!!!!
SO BADLY!!!!!!!!! Anime cry
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I question the viability of a Hamtaro game at this point of the franchise's life in North America.

Top Gun is right, it's an homage to the earlier days of Megaman in the US to fit with the rest of this game. CapCom USA has celebrated Megaman's Japanese-ness various time.

I hope Blue Dragon Plus isn't as generic as it's 360 sibling is.
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Mevious wrote:
TvC: I'm holding out hope for Komugi (Nurse Witch version) or Runa (Soul Taker version), though Kyosuke is more likely.

You know, I think Komugi stands a better chance of getting in at this point, since the Tatsunoko side has only one female character and no magical-girl representatives so far.

Then again, I want Asuka Sakurai, the gun-crazy girl from the third episode, to be the SoulTaker-related pick more than anything.

Cain Highwind wrote:
The Famitsu scans for the week just went up the other night. TvC was confirmed for Wii. Wii-exclusive minigames and a new console exclusive character (A Genie from some Tatsunoko series) will be added.

Yep, the genie's from Hakushon Daimaou, one of those older '70s anime series that was broadcast all over Europe but never translated for North America.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
toddc wrote:
You know, I think Komugi stands a better chance of getting in at this point, since the Tatsunoko side has only one female character and no magical-girl representatives so far.

Then again, I want Asuka Sakurai, the gun-crazy girl from the third episode, to be the SoulTaker-related pick more than anything.

I just want any recognition for SoulTaker.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Old-school PS fanboys are so annoying. PSO, lack of content aside, was the best online RPG ever, and possibly the best there ever will be. It was also entirely devoid of neon hoods, that was all PSUs doing. PSU wasn't bad, but...ehh.

You were right about crushing hopes either way though. The game certainly has potential, but will it deliver? Probably not.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The DS port is pretty much the PSP version, with the extra “Etna Mode” re-telling...

What is that? Does it need to be unlocked? I liked Disgaea, but lacked the patience to GRIND for a million years to get all through all the post-plot content. Is it worth it?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Rieko Kodama making a new RPG? Awesome.

YES Skies of Arcadia designer new project, oh yeah...

And Phantasy Star Zero is a PSO-styled game? YES
Tamaria

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:47 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Quote:
The DS port is pretty much the PSP version, with the extra “Etna Mode” re-telling...

What is that? Does it need to be unlocked? I liked Disgaea, but lacked the patience to GRIND for a million years to get all through all the post-plot content. Is it worth it?

In the PSP version is can be unlocked by reading Etna's diary ever chapter. It's barely any extra work, but you do have to play through the game once to unlock it. You can also unlock the mode if you put the cursor on "New Game" in the start screen and press Triangle, Square, Circle, Triangle Square, Circle, X. The DS has a similar code (X - Y - B - X - Y - B - A)
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I will have to disagree on the whole idea that the ANBU don't play a significant role in the Naruto universe. There isn't a whole lot of focus on them and it never really goes deep into detail about them but there are a few key main story points where they are pretty significant.

This game should be pretty awesome though, especially if it is indeed about the ANBU. Cool
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Kirby, Mega Man 9 AND Wario Land?

Oh happy days are ahead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3