• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: McDonald's Japan to Launch Sgt. Frog Happy Meals Early

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Any idea what ever happenedto that? I thought they "crashed" their own site back in Feb?
I read somewhere way back on AnimeonDVD that ADV was shopping the series around in hopes of getting it on TV (they may have their own channel, but it's not quite the same thing.)

No idea if that was true or not, but it sounds reasonable. It would be nice to hear something official that starts with the word Street and ends with the word Date.

eyesopen0791 wrote:
And no, Richard J., I'm not following you intentionally, although it seems that way. Wink
Darn it. I was hoping I'd finally earned a stalker. I'm totally disappointed. Wink

Is kidding around, though does want a stalker. Crazy woman better than no woman.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
There's nothing like going to McDonald's in Japan and opening a Happy Meal to get a Sgt. Frog toy. Why does it just go together so well?

I know. We should get those!

Also, with "Hayate the Combat Butler" being sponsored by McDonald's, do you think they'll be next in line for toys?

Hey, if 'Code Gears' can sponsor 'Pizza Hut' then anything is possible. That's what I like about Japan. They're allowed to put real food chains in their shows. And follow it up with products from the show when you visit. We just don't don't do that. Well, we do. If they were selling Happy Meals with Sgt Frog toys, I'd try to score one.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:49 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
There's nothing like going to McDonald's in Japan and opening a Happy Meal to get a Sgt. Frog toy. Why does it just go together so well?

If you're wondering why Sgt Frog goes with McDonalds, the frogs are often seen eating McDonalds. THe rich girl has her own personal McDonalds in her mansion.

Ah, that explains it. Now that's just crazy. I'm familiar with the show but never watched it. But was someone curious to know why so many frogs. Maybe one day I'll take a look.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:10 am Reply with quote
When I was checking out the ADV booth at Comic con & they asked if they could help me find something, I said, yeah, get Sgt Frog out. They asked someone with ADV who said next year. Of course, that was July & stuff can change, but they are taking so long...
moongazer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote
i love happy meals .
but to bad we dont such cool toys in texas Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Soul Tsukino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
Why do i have a feeling this will show up in Sgt. Frog's wrestling match later this month?

Yeah folks, Sgt. Frog is going to wrestle.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
When I was checking out the ADV booth at Comic con & they asked if they could help me find something, I said, yeah, get Sgt Frog out. They asked someone with ADV who said next year. Of course, that was July & stuff can change, but they are taking so long...

Hahaha!! I guess that's to know it's good. I thought the show was out already. But guess it's not yet. Or else I would have seen 'MINE's cute frogs and characters in the ads months ago. You can't miss them.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Of course, that was July & stuff can change, but they are taking so long...

No kidding. It was so long ago that the ADV website was "invaded", I thought it would have been month or so after that it was released. I'm wondering if the license issues like all of the Gundam references are causing more problems than they had anticipated.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Don't forget you have 5 main characters, so several poses of each ads up.

Hmm; manga-wise, I count at least an additional 4 "main" characters, plus another 4 significant ones. Plenty of scope for toys.

Although just to be funny, they should make only 1 Dororo figure and make it ultra-rare Laughing
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote
mrgazpacho wrote:

Hmm; manga-wise, I count at least an additional 4 "main" characters, plus another 4 significant ones. Plenty of scope for toys.

Although just to be funny, they should make only 1 Dororo figure and make it ultra-rare Laughing

The toys in the zine seemed to be just frogs, but I might have skipped over any human figures.

It did seem as though there were more Kerero & maybe fewer Kururu & Dororo, but I'd have to count to be sure. It is more like the 101 Dalmations thing--posed figures.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
It did seem as though there were more Kerero & maybe fewer Kururu

I hope life imitates art and hardly any Kururu ones sell - that'd be hilarious Very Happy
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I was moving manga around & came across the one with the toys--in the back it has a large cardboard case that holds all 66-24 are Kerero, 16 Giroro, & Tama, Dororo & Kururu are ...oops I forgot-12? Anyway, they are all 3 even. There are 2 "mystery" black forms which look like Kerero or Tama since they have that hat shape on the form.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2