• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Poll: Most Anticipated R1 Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brakus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Can I vote for "none of the above"? I'm waiting for Beck to be released. I'm surprised Beck isn't on this list; I'd figure it's one of the most anticipated series this year.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually dreading the cost of Haruhi. Laughing

I voted for Black Lagoon. Too bad we can't vote for more than one. Sad

I too am wondering why Beck and Mushishi wasn't on the list.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
undeadben wrote:
Mushishi should be on the list, that's what I would have voted for.

Yeah, I'm very surprised that Mushishi is not on the poll. Neither is Sgt. Frog, Aquarion, The Third, nor Shuffle!. I know that I'm definitely interested in Mushishi from what I've been reading about the series, and I probably would've voted for that instead of Melancholy.
I decided to go against the grain a bit and vote for Karin, since I was glad to see it licensed. If Shuffle! had been on there, I would've strongly considered giving it my vote, since I'm always glad to see more angsty drama/romance/based-on-visual-novel getting brought over here.
d.yaro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Given that I already own the complete series of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu on R2s then it sure isn't getting my vote in this poll. Relatively speaking, it's old news. As for Black Lagoon, I wasn't even aware there was an R1 release coming out. The series fell off the map for me. But not so far as to prevent me from ordering a figure of the female lead in a cool pose with a pistol in each hand and a cigarette clenched between her teeth. Just don't ask me what the name of the character is.

My vote in this poll went to Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror. Calling it Ayakashi leaves the old brain confused because I keep associating that with Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi. I can't really say I'm anticipating the R1 release though because I've plumb dry forgotten about it. But it's the only one out of the lot listed on the poll that I'd be bothered to purchase.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I voted for Black Lagoon. Too bad we can't vote for more than one. :(

I almost voted for Black Lagoon, before remembering that I liked Haruhi a bit more. I liked it enough to buy the R2s, at least. ^_^; I am happy that Black Lagoon will be out soon, though.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I was planning on voting for The Third, but since that's not on there, I'm going with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I've already seen it, but I look forward to rewatching it in chronological order and to getting all that extra crap coming with the LE. Black Lagoon is the only other series on the list I'm interested in, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to picking that one up. I'd like to get it as it comes out, but it depends on whether I can spare the money at the time. In any case, I don't mind waiting for it, so it's not exactly 'highly anticipated.'
abaldwi1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I've seen 'The Melancholy' Why is it soooooo popular? I mean. . . It's great but it's definitely not one of the best. If anyone can give a totally rational explanation to why this gets 52% of the vote right now . . .

I'm welcome to all takers.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
A) Because a lot of people loved it and really want the R1s
B) Those are some damn sexy LEs for us LE/box whores
C) A lot of people are probably interested in seeing what all the fuss is about
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
While I'm not surprised that Haruhi is in the lead and looks to stay there, I couldn't bring myself to vote for that title.

My vote went to Tsubasa (Number 3 at this time isn't bad! Wink Very Happy ) This is the title that I'm really looking forward too. But I will be ordering Haruhi in the near future as well.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote
abaldwi1 wrote:
I've seen 'The Melancholy' Why is it soooooo popular? I mean. . . It's great but it's definitely not one of the best. If anyone can give a totally rational explanation to why this gets 52% of the vote right now . . .

I'm welcome to all takers.

For one thing, I haven't even actually seen the show yet, but I'm hyped as hell (partially thanks to the ASOSBrigade videos).

Okay, I've seen one episode, but it was enough for me to:

-Wait a year without seeing more episodes
-Take a gamble on the LE

=======

Anyway... I'd like to say Black Lagoon, but I am really looking forward to Haruhi...

Oh, and I'll be yet another person who will wonder why Beck wasn't on the list (though... kinda doubt it'll win anyway)... considering how much I'm enjoying Paradise Kiss, I just know that I'll love Beck (and the dub that Taliesin Jaffe is helping direct... wait, is he? Because... that's actually pretty big if that was the case considering that it's a step in the right direction in terms of promoting cross-region dubbing... well, that and it's friggin' Taliesin Jaffe... the mastermind behind ROD the TV and Hellsing and stuff... come on!)
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quote
when Black Lagoon comes out, people are gonna wonder how they managed to pass this up. i hope this gets the mainstream attention it deserves.
protomanblues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna have to go with the "where's my mushishi?" crowd. but I think I'm gonna check out black lagoon.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:41 am Reply with quote
I wish they would do these lists without haruhi as an option so I could see what I should be checking out. I wonder what would be number 2 if over 50% hadn't voted for haruhi
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quote
I have Ayakashi vol 1 pre-ordered, but voted for Princess Princess.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
While I'm not surprised that Haruhi is in the lead and looks to stay there, I couldn't bring myself to vote for that title.

My vote went to Tsubasa (Number 3 at this time isn't bad! Wink Very Happy ) This is the title that I'm really looking forward too. But I will be ordering Haruhi in the near future as well.

I'm not surprised either, it has everybody looking towards the horizon Wink And I cast my vote for the super director as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4