• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Is Suicide Squad ISEKAI DC's Best Anime Adaptation to Date?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:39 am Reply with quote
Kinda shocked at no mention of Catwoman:Hunted.

It was actually a very good production.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I don’t have a lot of use for DC or Marvel — and both Suicide Squad and isekai can go jump off a pier for all I care — but those manga-sized DC “compact comics” are a really nifty idea. The last mainline DC thing I read was a pocket-size annual digest when I was on vacation with my family sometime in the mid-to-late-80s, and it happened to have Alan Moore’s stone-cold classic Green Lantern story “Mogo Doesn’t Socialize”.

So I ordered “Watchmen” (which I read as floppies back when it was coming out) and “All-Star Superman” (which I’ve heard great things about and always meant to get around to), and I’ll cross my fingers that Darwyn Cooke’s “DC: The New Frontier” gets the compact treatment too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2