• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Most Popular Anime Series According to Netflix's Data Drop

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:11 pm Reply with quote
LightningCount wrote:
This makes me think that Spriggan didn't hit very hard on Netflix. Was hoping for a Season 2...

It came out June 18, 2022. This was a year later. That was sure to mess with the hours.
blooperboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Dr. Wily wrote:
I wonder how the JoJo data is listed separate by arc, because to my memory they're not listed as separate shows, just one show with the arcs listed as separate seasons.

That's correct, JoJo is separated out by arc, with Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency blocked together. However, that tracks with how all the other shows were set out. One Piece is entered by arc (East Blue, Alabasta, Skypia, etc), and Hunter x Hunter is also by arc (although those ones are just labeled Season 1, Season 2, etc rather than by arc title).

My requests (apart from the PLEASE give us a genre column it took me HOURS trying to find the anime) would be that there is included:
1) How Long Something is - Give me the number of minutes that are contained in that series. A movie that's 86 minutes and a series that's 26 episodes (over 500 minutes) both having a 'total hours viewed' of 97,600,000 mean VERY different things.
2) (I know I'm asking for the moon on this one but) a breakdown of different markets. I would LOVE to have different pages of a 'global total' 'United States 'Canada' 'Japan' 'Singapore' so that we could look at who likes what with more granularity.
3) To that end, having the option to look at entire series instead of having everything broken down by season would be rad.
[/list]
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:39 pm Reply with quote
“Sailor Moon with a total of 7,700,000 hours viewed across the entire franchise and 855,556 hours viewed on average across the entire franchise. Not too bad for a franchise with only Sailor Moon Eternal being available worldwide on Netflix.“

This could be a Netflix error, but Sailor Moon should be listed as Sailor Moon Crystal. Netflix does not have the original Sailor Moon anime.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Nice to have some hard data to wave at the people who like to claim that Stone Ocean was a flop~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2