• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead Anime's 5th Episode Delayed to August 13

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Another expected delay.

tintor2 wrote:
A shame. A friend has been teasing me that the next episode would spoiler[introduce quite a popular character.]

Edit: added spoiler. Errinundra.

Just because your friend tells/spoils "you" something doesn't mean "you" have to go and spoil "us". I'm sure many clicked on this article, read the subject, and didn't expect their blind experience of the next episode to be ruined in the comments. What you said had nothing to do with the subject of the episodes delay, which is a production related discussion. Glad a mod added the spoiler tag. Ruining others experiences is the norm these days, especially without the decency to hide the spoiler is the norm these days. You been on ANN for over a decade. You know better.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:28 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
flamemasterelan wrote:
el_morris wrote:
Only four episodes in and we already had a 1-day delay for west audiences and now a week delay, how bad really is the production status?

The two incidents you just listed are directly connected. The delay last week was because they finished that episode past the wire to get it out to streaming services in time, which meant they had less time to work on this week's episode. This isn't really evidence of how bad a production is going, so much as it is the consequence of one week's production being off. Whether or not they'll manage to get things back on track after this delay will show how bad the production really is.

Shaft did not do any work for any episode 2. Animation, background, compositing, coloring... nothing.

They do have a credit for the episode if the credits can be believed.
https://imgur.com/a/OQ8IKZK

Not sure if this is an error on the part of the people compiling the credits (which wouldn't surprise me if they're delaying episodes this early), or if SHAFT simply didn't have as much involvement as they would in episode 3. But they are credited for episode 2 as episode co-producers. Heck, they're present for episode 4 as well.

Even if the credit for episode 2 is false, that just goes to show how much of mess Bug Films are in when they can't keep stuff like this straight. I mean when you're already switching out the studio who does the final edit of your episodes after only three have aired, you know you're in trouble.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Philmister978 wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
flamemasterelan wrote:
el_morris wrote:
Only four episodes in and we already had a 1-day delay for west audiences and now a week delay, how bad really is the production status?

The two incidents you just listed are directly connected. The delay last week was because they finished that episode past the wire to get it out to streaming services in time, which meant they had less time to work on this week's episode. This isn't really evidence of how bad a production is going, so much as it is the consequence of one week's production being off. Whether or not they'll manage to get things back on track after this delay will show how bad the production really is.

Shaft did not do any work for any episode 2. Animation, background, compositing, coloring... nothing.

Not sure if this is an error on the part of the people compiling the credits (which wouldn't surprise me if they're delaying episodes this early), or if SHAFT simply didn't have as much involvement as they would in episode 3. But they are credited for episode 2 as episode co-producers. Heck, they're present for episode 4 as well.

Even if the credit for episode 2 is false, that just goes to show how much of mess Bug Films are in when they can't keep stuff like this straight. I mean when you're already switching out the studio who does the final edit of your episodes after only three have aired, you know you're in trouble.

The animation producer and Bugfilms president Hiroaki Kojima already clarified in his Twitter when episode 2 aired that Shaft's contribution would only begin from episode 3 onwards, so they were only credited mainly to showcase their presence in the long picture, I guess you could say. But none of the individual people (key animators, 2nd KA, in-betweeners, background artists, compositing artists, or even production assistants) in episode 2 were from Shaft at all.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:46 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Philmister978 wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
flamemasterelan wrote:
el_morris wrote:

The animation producer and Bugfilms president Hiroaki Kojima already clarified in his Twitter when episode 2 aired that Shaft's contribution would only begin from episode 3 onwards, so they were only credited mainly to showcase their presence in the long picture, I guess you could say. But none of the individual people (key animators, 2nd KA, in-betweeners, background artists, compositing artists, or even production assistants) in episode 2 were from Shaft at all.

They why not credit them until the episode they're supposed to start working in? Was this like SpyXFamily ot Takt.OP Destiny where the paring was planned from the get-go and something in the contract required Bug Films to credit Shaft earlier than planned? Or was it just incompetence on the part of the person in charge of compiling the credits? Because again, neither option looks good for the studio, but for completely different reasons (kowtowing to executives for one, flat-out incompetence for the other).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2