• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
Nice. It makes sense because season 1 is going to leave too many loose ends. How I wish Sentai/HIDIVE had licensed this show because it would have been a fitting show for them. Also, they might have dubbed it in English and give it an uncut BD release.

This actually confused me, because I was sure that this series had a dub listed on CR. They really need to stop labelling things "Sub" and "Dub," because I've gotten my hopes up about so many series only to learn that it's not available in English. Honestly, labelling the languages available is such a low bar to clear.
spacedin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
Nice. It makes sense because season 1 is going to leave too many loose ends. How I wish Sentai/HIDIVE had licensed this show because it would have been a fitting show for them. Also, they might have dubbed it in English and give it an uncut BD release.

Isn't the source material PG-13 like the anime? So what basis would there be for an uncut BD release? Unless I am wrong, the source material isn't exactly World End Harem or even A Town Where You Live. It is more along the lines of Fuuka, right?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:22 pm Reply with quote
flamemasterelan wrote:

This actually confused me, because I was sure that this series had a dub listed on CR. They really need to stop labelling things "Sub" and "Dub," because I've gotten my hopes up about so many series only to learn that it's not available in English. Honestly, labelling the languages available is such a low bar to clear.

all you have to do is click 'more details' on the show page and it lists what languages are available for the show
09jcg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:35 am Reply with quote
spacedin wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:

Isn't the source material PG-13 like the anime? So what basis would there be for an uncut BD release? Unless I am wrong, the source material isn't exactly World End Harem or even A Town Where You Live. It is more along the lines of Fuuka, right?
The source material had nudity. Also Fuuka had nudity as well and sex. Fuuka received an uncensored blu ray release that had nudity. Nudity and sex scenes are pretty much a seo kouji staple (Goddess Cafe hasn't had a sex scenes yet, but it's probably going to come at some point).

If you really want to see seo kouji go hog wild, check out his Fuuka and A Town Where You Live Chapter 200 specials and the Hitman Special Chapters
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:16 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Seems like the Cafe Terrace fandom didn't have the same luck as the QQ fandom of having their series be taken off TezukaPro's hands.

it was planned and listed from the beginning to be a 2 cour production but tezuka is having another anime to focus on for fall which is under ninja.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:50 am Reply with quote
Out of all of Seo Koji's works that got animated this is the only one that gets a season 2. This is also probably the best written of his works that got an anime adaption since Suzuka back in 2005
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2