• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime Of Winter 2023

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Sucks that Trigun Stampede already has such a big wave of negativity surrounding it before it even started airing. I mean, I get why, but still. It looks great.
AQuin1904

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Extremely excited for The Fire Hunter. I'm just about to start the first novel.

Also looking forward to In/Specter, although I'm more a fan of the novels than the manga (which the first season hewed closer to). I wonder if they'll focus on the short story collections and Sleeping Murder (which was basically a short story collection anyway) or try to skip ahead to the recent fifth book for more sense of plot progression. I kind of hope they pick and choose their short stories again, since I like everything in Innocence better than what's left to adapt from Appearance (including the Chesterton reference in the title).
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:09 pm Reply with quote
By far my most anticipated is The fire Hunter/Hikari no ou. It looks amazing on every level.
Apart from that I'm pretty excited for Vinland Saga 2, Nier-automata (not sure about the spelling though, but it looks incredibly promising), Revenger (really excited to have Urubuchi back doing a full series) and Kaina (which, despite being full CGI looks really intriguing and unique)
Also gonna check out for sure High card, Ars no kyojuu, Trigun, Mononogatari and the legend of heroes, all of which look like could be at the very least interesting.
Definitely one of the best Winter seasons I can recall and a huge improvement over this terribly lackluster 2022...
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see at least one reviewer is like me and most anticipates Bofuri S2. I can't wait to see Cthulu Mode or whatever that was but only Maple could make tentacle arms kawaii (watch out Sally...Wink ), also love the Bunny Mode. Danmachi S4-2 I look forward to as well.
SrkSano

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:25 am Reply with quote
Lupin Zero on HiDive! Haven't watched a lot of Lupin so this seems like a good jumping on point. Well I guess it counts as an ONA. but there are 3 more eps to go out of the 6 and I haven't started it just yet

NieR is my runner up.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:49 am Reply with quote
I've been considering to not keep up with seasonals for a while, and this season is helping with that. It's not that there's nothing to watch, it's more like keeping up with seasonals is super tiring. I'll stick to the series and movies in my backlog for a while. If I did decide to watch whatever is in store this season, I would watch Nagatoro S2, Kubo-san Won't Let Me Be Invisible, Malevolent Spirits, Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte, and Tomo-chan.
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:52 am Reply with quote
There's not much I'm interested in this one and most of them are continuing series: Tsurune S2 (screw HiDIVE though), Bofuri S2, D4DJ (also S2) are my most likely watches. I'm on the fence with Trigun Stampede, but it's a Studio Orange production, so most likely it's going to be at least good enough, but I don't know whether this one's a remake or a continuation. As for Hirogaru Sky Precure, we'll see: I couldn't get into Delicious Party and I'm generally burned out of jojimuke stuff right now, but maybe this one will be good, it's an anniversary season after all.
NieR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:09 am Reply with quote
My most anticipated anime of Winter 2022:
NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a

Runner Up:
The Vampire Dies in No Time Season 2

Honorable Mentions:
High Card
Hikari no Ou
Revenger

Other:
Blue Giant film
Helix91
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I tried reading Tomo-chan and bounced off pretty hard even though I normally love romcoms-might have to give it another shot.

Vinland Saga is an easy "most anticipated" for me (I am caught up with the english release of the manga and the upcoming material is excellent).

After that, I'd put Inspectre in the runner up spot. I like Trigun a lot, but I'm nervous about the cgi. Land of the Lustrous and Beastars are great, but they work partly because the characters aren't human.

Honestly my favorite part of every season is finding those obscure/anime original shows that turn out to be great surprises.
Kumashock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Somewhat surprised no one's mentioned Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi. The manga's been very well-received and it doesn't look like it has any competition right now in terms of romcoms with adult casts. Can understand why it may be overlooked considering Zero-G is involved though; them handling two full-length series in one season is concerning.

I'm quite excited for Tensei Oujo to Tensai Reijou no Mahou Kakumei. Not usually a fan of isekai, but any yuri is an automatic watch for me. Sugar Apple Fairy Tale, Hikari no Ou, Nokemono-tachi no Yoru, and Tsurune's second season are all getting a spot on my watch list. Several other shows have piqued by interest like Buddy Daddies and Nier, but going to wait for reviews to come out before picking up more.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:34 pm Reply with quote
As with this past season, I will be watching three shows this coming winter. Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack, which I've been anticipating since its announcement and should still be fun even with the studio change; Trigun Stampede, mostly out of curiosity and pseudo-nostalgia for the original series (there's a 2004 promo from the show's [as] broadcast that I can't for the life of me find on YouTube that I'm more attached to than the show proper); and The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague, the first out of hopefully many seasonal series whose presence on my immediate backlog was left in the hands of my younger sister. (In turn, I recommended her Buddy Daddies.)

There's a bunch of other stuff I'm interested in, but they'll have to wait for one time or another, be it a Toonami broadcast or a free slot in my "out-of-seasonal" endeavors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2