• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Secret Gaming Shame

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:24 am Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
For a remake that pollutes and undermines the original game's narrative I would have to say Resident Evil 3. Completely lacks the soul of the PS1 game and was just a cheap cash in on the RE2 Remake engine which wasn't nearly as bad.

I think Resident Evil 3 remake absolutely understands and captures the soul of the original RE3, in that it got largely positive reviews but annoyed many fans on release and will likely remain controversial for years to come. Smile
kakugo complete

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:30 pm Reply with quote
House of the Dead looking like doodoo probably makes the gameplay worse too because the overly desaturated colors are gonna make everything less immediately readable. I could test it out but I'm not buying the yoge kusoge remake.

I was hoping the article would talk about G-Darius since it has a picture of it.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:20 pm Reply with quote
We had the Monkey Island games on my family's PS/2 (IBM not Sony) courtesy of my brother, who enjoyed the franchise, but I legitimately don't remember playing them myself. I preferred playing Test Drive III: The Passion and, for graphical adventure games, while I played most of the Sierra games we had, I think, when it came to that general era of LucasArts adventure games, I really only ever played Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I wouldn't say it's a secret shame but I don't think I've ever played any Zelda game and I've only had very minimal experience playing Super Mario games due to being more of a Sega household growing up and, while I have owned some Nintendo systems, the only first-party games I was ever all that interested in on the Nintendo consoles I own were Golden Sun on the GBA and DS. That being said, I'm not uninterested in playing Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey but it's a "Do you want to buy me a Nintendo Switch and then do you also want to buy me those specific games?" kind of situation for me as I don't exactly have the money to buy a Switch right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I barely touched Breath of the Wild. I still haven't finished Pokemon Arceus. I'm not even close to finishing Pokemon Arceus.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:26 pm Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:

FF7R doesn't bother me because it's not a remake so much as a sequel

I definitely am curious about this take.

AmpersandsUnited wrote:
For a remake that pollutes and undermines the original game's narrative I would have to say Resident Evil 3.

How did the remake undermine the narrative of the original game when the original game didn’t have much narrative to undermine in the first place?

Covnam wrote:
Gonna have to disagree with you there, because I thought those were great (at least at the time).

So what you’re saying is they suck now Razz
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:30 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

So what you’re saying is they suck now Razz

Laughing perhaps, but just qualifying it because I haven't played it again since then Smile
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

Laughing perhaps, but just qualifying it because I haven't played it again since then Smile

Just wanted to make sure Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2