• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chainsaw Man TV Anime's 1st Teaser Unveils Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SrkSano

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
I think Funimation is a possibility. Because their owner Sony is also buying Crunchyroll, I get the feeling that Crunchyroll is not trying too hard to lock down anything. Otherwise how did they not get the Megalobox sequel or the SSSS.Gridman sequel? I can see them losing one but losing both was a huge blow. Well not really since Sony is acquiring them most likely.

The show looks really good though! Looking forward to watching it wherever it lands.

Last edited by SrkSano on Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
paulchaested

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:15 am Reply with quote
SrkSano wrote:
I think Funimation is a possibility. Because their owner Sony is also buying Crunchyroll, I get the feeling that Crunchyroll is not trying to hard to lock down anything. Otherwise how did they not get the Megalobox sequel or the SSSS.Gridman sequel? I can see them losing one but losing both was a huge blow. Well not really since Sony is acquiring them most likely.

Yeah... Funi can keep their slimy hands off this one. I'd rather have CR get this which I think they probably will get unless that rumor of Netflix getting this is true. As for Sony, the buyout is not officially closed and CR and Funi have stated that they are still doing business independently while the sale is pending.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:21 am Reply with quote
This looks -great-! Some real JJK vibes as far as the animation quality appears. Very Happy
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:54 am Reply with quote
FFFFFFFFFF! LOOKING AMAZING JOKER!!!

If that's representative of the animation quality, this will be one for the ages. Hopefully the whole thing is adapted sine Part 1 of the Manga concluded well enough to be a standalone thing. I can't wait to see how some of the best moments are adapted.

But I really really hope they use campy puppet stop-motion to adapt spoiler[the restaurant scene where Kobani works towards the final part where Chainsaw is crazy and can't speak and orders the staff to dance.] That's the impression I got from the Manga!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:00 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
SrkSano wrote:
I think Funimation is a possibility. Because their owner Sony is also buying Crunchyroll, I get the feeling that Crunchyroll is not trying to hard to lock down anything. Otherwise how did they not get the Megalobox sequel or the SSSS.Gridman sequel? I can see them losing one but losing both was a huge blow. Well not really since Sony is acquiring them most likely.

Yeah... Funi can keep their slimy hands off this one. I'd rather have CR get this which I think they probably will get unless that rumor of Netflix getting this is true. As for Sony, the buyout is not officially closed and CR and Funi have stated that they are still doing business independently while the sale is pending.

Slimy? Then slime all over it. Hopefully Funi snatches this show up.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
The most important question:

Will this overthrow FMA:B on MAL?

With the amount of bot accounts on MAL...I doubt it.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
The animation itself looks great (as expected of a teaser like this), but think the composition could be better. It feels a bit too clean and polished for the kind of story CSM is and Fujimoto's style. But maybe that will change.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Get ready for the internet to … break!
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:54 pm Reply with quote
For years I've wondered what CSM would look like animated and this somehow looks even better than what I had in mind. And it looks like they've assembled the Avengers of anime staffs to work on this. I can easily see this being a bigger hit than JJK.

Also, the beach volleyball scene caught me by surprise. That definitely wasn't in the manga and Kobeni doesn't seem like the sort of person who would go to the beach.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:47 pm Reply with quote
This trailer got me excited, but then I remember Vanishing Line. I'm definitely watching, but I'll wait for the BD.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Man, I'm sure we'll see some Mortal Kombat esque gorefest in this! Twisted Evil

Also, would this go to Netflix or CR?

The rumor was Netflix so they wouldn’t have to censor anything.

I hope Netflix keep its hands off this IP, seriously. It's getting annoying having to wait up to 6 months to watch it with their detestable "Netflix Jail" philosophy.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:44 pm Reply with quote
The visuals are definitely great, and the staff is looking strong, but I hope this doesn't drain MAPPA's animators any more than their other productions do...
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:08 pm Reply with quote
JonDoe wrote:
Also, the beach volleyball scene caught me by surprise. That definitely wasn't in the manga and Kobeni doesn't seem like the sort of person who would go to the beach.

Well it's more than likely many cuts from this trailer are taken from the OP or ED, of which Jujutsu K had many lovely quality pieces of animation. Hopefully the actual show itself matches it, or at the very least Jujutsu K's quality, but I've got a good feeling it's in good hands.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
This trailer got me excited, but then I remember Vanishing Line. I'm definitely watching, but I'll wait for the BD.

Jujutsu Kaiden didn’t have them, so I see no reason this would have them either.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:53 pm Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Man, I'm sure we'll see some Mortal Kombat esque gorefest in this! Twisted Evil

Also, would this go to Netflix or CR?

The rumor was Netflix so they wouldn’t have to censor anything.

I hope Netflix keep its hands off this IP, seriously. It's getting annoying having to wait up to 6 months to watch it with their detestable "Netflix Jail" philosophy.

Well, when it comes to watching with the dubs immediately, it brings the phrase of “It pays to be patient.”
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3