• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's Promo Video Reveals New Staff at MAPPA

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirki

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:27 am Reply with quote
Oh God. Oh no. Oh God.

The reason why WIT studio made this anime the success it was, was that they absolutely adored the story and supported it, and that came across to the audience. Heck, AoT revitalized the anime market in the mid '10s. MAPPA has done some decent stuff, buuuut... the shoes are pretty big to fill.

Seriously, I don't have expectations. It probably will not be a disaster, but it won't be WIT's high quality either.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:57 am Reply with quote
MAPPA will make AoT season 4 and that means Jujutsu Kaisen will get only one cour.
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 am Reply with quote
Thank God it's from MAPPA...

Too many sleepless nights thinking this would be thrown at DEEN or something.

MAPPA is basically having Mad House with budget. That is, as long as the actual budget and competent staff for the production are there (which seems to be the case). Not sure if this will get a Shingeki no Bahamut movie level of quality, but thus far it's looking great.

Last edited by danpmss on Fri May 29, 2020 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
Anyone with a good ear know who voices Gabi?

Ayane Sakura.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:18 am Reply with quote
I think the only bad thing that can come from MAPPA is simply bad writing. Since this is an adaptation of an already available material, I don't think there's much need to worry.

I think I will kinda miss Tetsuro Araki's signature style though.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
MAPPA is a studio that I can at least have some confidence with. Obviously, it is a little worrisome that WIT won't finish it, but we've known that would be the case since the studio did its little goodbye tribute to the series despite the announcement of season four. Give MAPPA a solid budget, and they tend to produce good stuff.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:15 am Reply with quote
As someone who consumes both the manga and the anime, this trailer has.....like way too many possible spoilers? I mean there's no context, but still
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
While, yes, I loved WIT's work on the anime, I'm willing to give MAPPA a chance to show off what they can do. I mean, if it is anything like the PV - which I'm sure it's not entirely - then I'm already excited. Granted, I'll be waiting for it to hit the Toonami airwaves - I'm sure it will; I don't think Toonami would pass up any opportunity to show this if given the chance - but still excited to see it eventually!
Kikimani

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quote
I'm fine with the switch. WIT was great but there were obvious weaknesses from season 2 on. It was hardly such a perfect creation that it would crumble in the hands of a studio like MAPPA.

Gem-bug, I'm glad you mentioned that because I was confused for most of the trailer and wondering if I had really forgotten everything.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:22 am Reply with quote
The series is getting a anime adaptation because of the fans am i right? so why does the anime quality decrease so bad!!! when the watching fans increase its the most popular show in japan. i am annoyed because of this Lets boycott protest this lets do a hastag on twitter it will work be sure of it. A tv show called Brooklyn Nine-Nine ( https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/may/12/brooklyn-nine-nine-saved-by-nbc-after-social-media-outcry-guillermo-del-toro ) did get RENEWED. aot is more popular than this show lets assemble and let wit studio get it back.I dont want a one punchman nanatsuNoTaizai again not with this show!!! Wit studio needs to get it back. İt does seriously look bad its ugly the worst. why are we getting bad adaptation aot is the most popular anime lets make survey or poll i dont know how can we let our voice hear.

Last edited by #909363 on Sat May 30, 2020 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:23 am Reply with quote
Well, if they are going to cover the entire manga's story (like many anime, I'm sure they skipped some content), I may finally get around to starting season 2. I enjoyed the first season, but put off 2, thinking that since I wasn't planning on getting the manga (too many volumes), that I'd leave it there, since it was unlikely I would ever find out how things end.

Hell, I'm going to have to go from season 1 I think, as I barely remember it. Laughing
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:46 am Reply with quote
While I’m sad to see this series to towards a different studio, hopefully this one can try to do almost as good as WIT studio.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:05 pm Reply with quote
The Hansond Jaysond Lee wrote:
Eren is waaaay too big in that key visual.
He's supposed to be about 15 meters tall.
There, he's bigger than the buildings around him and the humans are like ants around his left hand. The proportion is all wrong.
I like the art style, though.

I know it is a fictional story, but I wonder how in that world/universe they measure the Titans' heights. It's not like they have a measure tape with them.
Qulex

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:42 pm Reply with quote
#909363 wrote:
The series is getting a anime adaptation because of the fans am i right? so why does the anime quality decrease so bad!!! when the watching fans increase its the most popular show in japan. i am annoyed because of this Lets boycott protest this. Wit studio needs to get it back. İt does seriously look bad its ugly the worst. why are we getting bad adaptation aot is the most popular anime lets make survey or poll i dont know how can we let our voice hear.

So much ignorance in one post. First of all, why in the world would Wit want it back after they went through hell and their staff suffered? The studio change happened for a reason. It's not like previous seasons were flawless, the project was mismanaged and rushed from season 1. Despite all that the staff dedicated their lifes to it. Unforunately many have left it by the time season 3 came out. The schedule was just not good.
Besides this is a pre animated preview and not representative of the final product. Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Also, why are here so many budget memes? It's 2020, shouldn't everyone have learned by now how an anime production works?
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:58 pm Reply with quote
SonDavid wrote:
Man... I am so scared that they changed studios.

It's not like WIT is the only anime studio that does good work. Imo Attack on Titan is NOT like some weirdo Trigger series where I really feel that they're the only studio that could possibly get it right.

Does MAPPA has a bad track record of shoddy work, no matter how high profile the title?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5