• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: [New Life+] Young Again in Another World Anime Cancelled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reilath

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 am Reply with quote
Every day i think more and more people just aren't suited for internet, i mean seriously, people going after others for no reason,this situation is just dumb, ruining another person's life because he thinks differently than you? wow.
Soon enough people will sue others for letting their cat fall off of a desk or something.#NoMoreFunnyCatVideos .
I was honestly looking forward to this anime, i just wanted something casual in another world and with no drama.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote
Well if there’s a lesson in this it’s that don’t say schnitzel right before you’re getting an anime or any show in general because that’s more than likely gonna get the show cancelled especially things with strong nationalism. Also don’t mess with China. Also also with this show cancelled, wonder if they’re gonna replace it with something else or would they replace it with something else since it’s probably still early in production and didn’t have a timeslot yet?
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
Hatsuu95 wrote:
Good riddance. We don't need another generic isekai.

My thoughts exactly
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:55 am Reply with quote
-tugs nervously at shirt collar-
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 am Reply with quote
And now we got one clear thing from all of this mess - the fact that double standarts of "social justice" now can affect the Japanese animation industry. And when something like this affect some good work that can be considered controversial for some people, you will know who to blame - and it's not the guy who made a mistake in the past and apoloziged for it, so he knows that he's made something wrong. His work was serialized for a long time, was bought by people and approved to be made to TV series - and no one, no one speak about it before. No one cared about it.

Think about it again. Think about it twice, who to blame.
Vent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:00 am Reply with quote
This feels like a lesson in not saying the quiet part loud

Just keep your absurd nationalism vague like GATE or whatever and you can get away with a lot! Actually make racist tweets and suddenly whoops you lost your everything.

WANNFH wrote:

Think about it again. Think about it twice, who to blame.

Okay I thought about it.

And it's the racist.

Last edited by Vent on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
anifani

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
Reilath wrote:
Every day i think more and more people just aren't suited for internet, i mean seriously, people going after others for no reason,this situation is just dumb, ruining another person's life because he thinks differently than you? wow.

Quote:
VanGosroth wrote:
Friendly reminder that using social media in this day and age is on par with providing the ammo and loading the gun for your murderer. If you have unpopular opinion it's best to keep it on the down low.

I agree with both of the above. What I don't agree with is:

Quote:
Racism isn't an "unpopular opinion."
It's racism.

How in the world did VanGosroth's quote become a racism thing??? These days people are just too on edge. Lighten up.

I, actually, put this anime on my 'watch' list. The situation is just sad.

Last edited by anifani on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:05 am Reply with quote
Hatsuu95 wrote:

Uh, actually, this one wasn't really a generic isekai novel. Reading it at JNC, it has action scenes that are really intense. The main characters are unusual too with each having a hidden side.

I don't mind the anime being cancelled, but the novel being discontinued is a really hard blow. I admit, some parts of the story piss me off. But I also have to admit that I genuinely enjoy the other parts.

Last edited by BlueAlf on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Vent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
Because this is a topic about racism and nationalism The "unpopular opinion" this dude had was that Chinese and South Korean people were sub-human and that the massacre of Chinese peope perpetrated by Imperial Japan was super rad. There's no "lightening up", that's literally what the issue is.

Calling it an unpopular opinion diminishes the severity. It's not an opinion any human being should have. Ever.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:09 am Reply with quote
Look guys just because Pewdiepie and The President can get away with racism with a slap on the wrist doesn't mean that it's okay.

He's only getting exactly what was coming to him.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Hatsuu95 wrote:

Uh, actually, this one wasn't really a generic isekai novel. Reading it at JNC, it has action scenes that are really intense. The main characters are unusual too with each having a hidden side.

I don't mind the anime being cancelled, but the novel being discontinued is a really hard blow. I admit, some parts of the story piss me off. But I also have to admit that I genuinely enjoy the other parts.

The novel was discontinued? from the looks of it, it was only the WN.

Last edited by ultimatehaki on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:17 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
This is NOT racism, this is about nationalism quite different.

Calling China a bug country and Chinese people insects is kind of racist.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am Reply with quote
On another note, it's the first time an anime gets cancelled in a long while. Well there's also Seishokuki getting an anime adaptation and that too has never seen the light of day with the lack of new information past that.
tenzen12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Look guys just because Pewdiepie and The President can get away with racism with a slap on the wrist doesn't mean that it's okay.

He's only getting exactly what was coming to him.

Maybe he does, but I am hell sure I didn't deserved be deprived of surprisingly good novel, neither did studio and publisher.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:
This is NOT racism, this is about nationalism quite different.

Calling China a bug country and Chinese people insects is kind of racist.

You do realize there are lot of ethnicities un china, even muslim. Do muslims feel attacked by this autor comments? Of course not, whatever opinión he has are nationalistic, not about japanese being a máster race like real racist think. Calling this a racista conflict deligitimizes real racism. But of course, since racism atm is a hot button in the usa the chinese want to jump into it to gain support from non-chinese.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6