• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stan Lee, DEEN Reveals The Reflection Anime's Cast, Characters, Story Intro, July 22 Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Studio DEEN? I thought people hate that studio because of Fate/Stay Night and KonoSuba?

Newer anime fans do, but there are many old-timers who fondly remember their work on Ranma 1/2, You're Under Arrest, Maria Watches Over Us, etc.
The Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Nice production staff IMO, but from the limited details, I bet it's another superhero anime, where the hero(s) win by season's end. If the bad guys/villain(s) wins, at the end of the series, I may be more interested. I'm more interested in Hell Girl Season 4, IMO, as this franchise has more 'interesting' elements going on it (IMO), then this anime series.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Studio DEEN? I thought people hate that studio because of Fate/Stay Night and KonoSuba?

Konosuba haters are a vocal, but incredibly small minority. That show is exceptionally popular and most people agree that the animation adds to the comedy, or are at least able to enjoy it in spite of that. But anyway, the staff is far more important than the Studio, and this has a really good one.

BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:

Newer anime fans do, but there are many old-timers who fondly remember their work on Ranma 1/2, You're Under Arrest, Maria Watches Over Us, etc.

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal and Angel's Egg are two of the big ones among people I know.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:37 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal and Angel's Egg are two of the big ones among people I know.

I mentioned Angel's Egg the last time were dumping on DEEN on the forums, figured I'd mix it up a bit. Laughing

Last edited by BodaciousSpacePirate on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:37 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
darkdeath174 wrote:
Who is ready for this to become a big hit like Heroman was!?

It's a shame that didn't work out, but at least Stan is still willing to lend more ideas.

It's a bigger shame Heroman never got a dub. I imagine it might have attracted some attention.

One the bigger lost opportunities with anime. It was a show that pretty much required little localisation.
Also, Stan Lee wanting his coffee.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:44 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
One the bigger lost opportunities with anime. It was a show that pretty much required little localisation.
Also, Stan Lee wanting his coffee.

Seriously. I'm imagine this will go unlocalized as well.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Stan had nothing to do with the show, or nearly anything he lend his name to in nearly 2 decades. Read up on Stan Lee Media to see what i mean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee_Media

The Reflection is being produced by Stan Lee's current company, Pow! Entertainment, not the delisted "Stan Lee Media" that Lee has cut ties with. Lee (the person) is involved in The Reflection.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:37 am Reply with quote
@Egan Loo No he isn´t. The old company is as much unaffiliated with him as POW, outside of it´s very early years. Even that is a stretch. We are talking about a 94 year old man here who is booked to the gills with appearances / official functions for Marvel and is famous for literally selling the use of his name. He has been licensing his name for 2 decades and this lack of oversight is how his last company went rouge and sued Marvel! His biography and Marvel Comics: The Untold Story cover this bit pretty well.

HeroMan, Refection, "his" recent Indian toon film (!) and so on are what Tom Clancy games (outside of the 1st Rainbow Six) and "Tom Clancy´s" (not the ´s) titled book are for... well Tom Clancy.
That´s why Lee only got story credit here, as he isn´t even producing the show. The correct credit is even less than that. What does original work even mean? This is an original show.
I would even go so far to say that it´s unlikely that he will ever see a complete ep of this, or HeroMan, or... It wouldn´t be a first. What a businessman!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote
"Heroman" did have a LA pilot dub and a SE Asian English dub that aired on Animax.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
"Heroman" did have a LA pilot dub and a SE Asian English dub that aired on Animax.

Pilot dub not enough. Animax dub hell no. ' 3 '
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2