• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Attack on Titan Anime's 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkdeath174

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I love how there doesn't seem to be anyway to browse Funi's titles on their new, "improved" website. My apologies if there is a way to do this and I was just too dumb to figure it out.

There is a way, if you go "All Shows" and click on "Most Popular", you can then sort shows alphabetically. But it's been broken since they launched the site, it gives the good old "Internal Server Error" when trying to do it.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm much more concerned about Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul. If Funimation is exclusively streaming that on their website I'm just going to watch it through illegal means. No way I'm resubscribing to them again. Crunchyroll is enough.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Didn't know people were having so many problems with Funi's new site. Works fine for me.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I don't think anyone asking the REAL question here....Like How many Episodes this going to be? Another 25? 24? ...Doubt 12 or 13?
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Didn't know people were having so many problems with Funi's new site. Works fine for me.
You're from the US or not? Im from the Netherlands, since the launch of the new website im unable to go on it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:04 pm Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
I don't think anyone asking the REAL question here....Like How many Episodes this going to be? Another 25? 24? ...Doubt 12 or 13?

I am not asking this because I am pretty sure it will be 2 cours.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:05 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
You're from the US or not? Im from the Netherlands, since the launch of the new website im unable to go on it.

US
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, peeps, but yeah, getting the Internal Server Error. Or Eternal Server Error, if you prefer.

Anyway, my apologies, I didn't mean to go off-topic. I got distracted by people referring to Funi's crappy site and that made me think of not being able to figure out the alphabetical listing thing.

Anyhoo, back on topic - I'm keeping my Funi sub for the time being, but I would still prefer to watch the sub of AoT 2 on CR since virtually everything else I watch is there, too. Can't wait for the new season to start!
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Since it'll be a broadcast dub It'll also be on toonami, 99% sure. They might even release the english on par with the japanese or a week or two late. Cant wait.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, complaining about the site instead of talking about the topic. Crunchyroll will also do it, since they also handled the last season and, in case you forgot, they're married to Funimation still.

I'm just wanting to know about the dub. We all know it's happening, but I wanted to predict cast members. We can expect Kent Williams, Sean Hennigan, or Mark Stoddard playing Rod and Kenny, but who else should be in here?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Don't assume things.

I know that Crunchyroll and Funimation are "married" and CR did simulcast the first season, but Attack on Titan is a huge property. If I was Funimation, which I assume paid a ton of money for AoT S2, I would try to keep that title as exclusive as possible.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Now this is when I need a 28'' HD Smart TV and a another DB player with wireless so I can stream at home.
KissStar235

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for attack on titans season two to be dubbed cause I mean I can watch the episode's of any dubbed anime <><><><> of all the funimation simulcast each week so yep I'm very lucky. Laughing

Mod edit: you're not allowed to post the information of pirate sites here. -Galap
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Crunchyroll will also have it since they shared season 1. I haven't seen the new Funimation streaming so I have no clue how "bad" it is but, CR and Netflix are now the only two paid subscription services I use since CR's mobile app is useful and easy to browse for older shows.
scowler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the subscription cost of VRV (which includes both Funimation and Crunchyroll, as well as a few other things), is lower than subbing to Funi and CR separately.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3