• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top-Selling Animation in Japan on Blu-ray Disc/DVD by Series: 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:45 am Reply with quote
Konosuba did really well for having only ten episodes
Dayblack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Keep in mind re:zero's volume 7,8 and 9 weren't released by the time this list was made. Otherwise it could have easily been above 100k.

The volumes of Rezero were 9. In average it sells 8,000 copies by volume, no longer reaches 100k.

A Love Live only tells the first 3 volumes and had no problem in overcoming the barrier of 100k.

You are now using this account because your second account is called ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

It has 2 counts to defend the shit of anime rezero and its bad adaptation.

Last edited by Dayblack on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:12 am Reply with quote
Very interesting but i really would like to see broken in DVD and BD sales because they really attract different audiences.
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
Sofia the First??? That's an american children's show about princesses if you're unaware. Huh, i guess Disney stuff really is popular in Japan
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ha, Re:Edgy got outsold by cute girls and rabbits!

I still will never understand why people find Re Zero edgy. The word Edgy is pretty much as worthless as the word Overrated. It has no meaning anymore. As soon as a show becomes dark, its accused of being edgy now.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:

I still will never understand why people find Re Zero edgy. The word Edgy is pretty much as worthless as the word Overrated. It has no meaning anymore. As soon as a show becomes dark, its accused of being edgy now.

Rezero (myanimelist many call it SAO 2016) is a bad anime and has a terrible adaptation, only surpassed by the bad adaptation of Erased.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:45 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Rezero (myanimelist many call it SAO 2016) is a bad anime and has a terrible adaptation, only surpassed by the bad adaptation of Erased.

I recognize you from the ANN Best of 2016. You literally just have a hate boner for light novel adaptations and are the last person who I should take seriously on this topic. Also literally nobody calls Re Zero the SAO of 2016 except for idiots who have never watched Re Zero.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
They really need a season two if only so I can witness the Osomatsu San brother's pure agony from not making a dime from the BD or merchandise sales! Laughing
Shaterri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
Not to derail the sniping, but does anyone know the distinction between "Love Live!" at 10 and "Love Live! Series" at 24? Clearly neither of these is either the film (at #3) or Sunshine (at #5), and I presume the live concerts wouldn't be on this list...
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:29 am Reply with quote
atikabubu wrote:

But seriously, Osomatsu over half-mil? Wow, it seems that rating on MAL is justified lol Laughing

Dayblack wrote:

The volumes of Rezero were 9. In average it sells 8,000 copies by volume, no longer reaches 100k.

A Love Live only tells the first 3 volumes and had no problem in overcoming the barrier of 100k.

You are now using this account because your second account is called ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

It has 2 counts to defend the shit of anime rezero and its bad adaptation.

Cripes! Please get over your bitter selves. Re:Zero it's pretty telling how popular the show was when its mainly getting beaten by more established franchises and even then its' selling 10k-9k average. It's total LN sales have broken one million barriers putting in the 5 LN this year. It's also most popular anime China and Korea and had a strong international following. On top of that it's placed high in multiple top 3-5 of various anime awards. It's a success for all intents and purpose. Nobody gives a shit that you don't like for being LN adaptation or because you think it's edgy since it's not a CGDCT. For something that came out of nowhere it's doing great.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Having said that, there was a notable drop in the number of titles selling 100-199k units (6 compared to 11) & the top selling new late night anime after Mr Osomatsu was Is This Order a Rabbit? with 86886 units.

Owarimonogatari wasn't a late night series?
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Shaterri wrote:
Not to derail the sniping, but does anyone know the distinction between "Love Live!" at 10 and "Love Live! Series" at 24? Clearly neither of these is either the film (at #3) or Sunshine (at #5), and I presume the live concerts wouldn't be on this list...

There was a BD that collected all the animated musical performances from μ's so perhaps it is that?
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:
Having said that, there was a notable drop in the number of titles selling 100-199k units (6 compared to 11) & the top selling new late night anime after Mr Osomatsu was Is This Order a Rabbit? with 86886 units.

Owarimonogatari wasn't a late night series?

New late night series.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
So the Love Live movie beat the Girls und Panzer der Film
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Iron Maw wrote:
Cripes! Please get over your bitter selves. Re:Zero it's pretty telling how popular the show was when its mainly getting beaten by more established franchises and even then its' selling 10k-9k average. It's total LN sales have broken one million barriers putting in the 5 LN this year. It's also most popular anime China and Korea and had a strong international following. On top of that it's placed high in multiple top 3-5 of various anime awards. It's a success for all intents and purpose. Nobody gives a shit that you don't like for being LN adaptation or because you think it's edgy since it's not a CGDCT. For something that came out of nowhere it's doing great.
From somebody else said, it sounds like he just likes to whine about Light Novels, best to just ignore him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4