• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Watch Cardcaptor Sakura's New Interactive Clow Cards & Sealing Wand in Action

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Sheriru wrote:
Japan creates some great Techic Stuff but FAIL at Audio Parts. I was pumped before i watched the Video, but it went straight down after hearing those horrible plastic echo noises. It sure makes it Sound like a Childrens Toy.
Yikes.
You can keep it Japan.

Nothing wrong with that. I collect tons of tokusatsu roleplay toys and they all have fine audio quality. YouTube videos are never a good indication of audio quality on them. If anything, some of them are too damn loud and I can see parent getting annoyed with them.

-Stuart Smith
selphish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
What conversion rates were used for this article? I want to live in the alternate universe where rates are that good, because they're only about 102 yen to the USD here. Razz

I preordered everything mentioned in the article from Amiami (who sells slightly less than MSRP) for 35,480 yen, including EMS shipping.

I really wish I could find the Bandai card set for a reasonable price; I have the Kodansha re-release from last year already and while the card quality is nice, the book that houses the card could be nicer / more accurate.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
@selphish

The article was provided by Tokyo Otaku Mode. There is a link on the article page. They are apparently selling all that stuff. You can check their site to see if the prices are what they are selling the stuff for.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Those cards look very nice and sturdy, but a bit pricey. I just got around to getting the BD set from NISA, so I'm good for now, but maybe in the future I should think about picking up at least one clow set.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2