• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XII Game's International Version Gets HD Remaster for PS4 (Updated)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
There are not enough words to describe how happy this makes me! FF12 is my favorite game in the franchise.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
FreshIngredient wrote:
going to pass, I still vividly remember giving the original release a chance(got 40+ plus hours in) but dropped it because the plot was so damn SLOW, it took forever for anything to happen and the battle system wasn't satisfying.

I didn't like FFXII much either. The story was ok. I appreciated the fact that Vaan was more along for the ride as opposed to the typical set up, but I didn't care much for the MMO style gameplay and automated functionality.
The different class boards does sound appealing though and I think there was a whole map section I never went to since I put it down once and when I came back to it just bolted to the end. So I'll probably pick it up when it goes on clearance. Straight to the backlog though I'm sure.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Hm, I remember liking the board set up and the battle system a lot (turn-based was never really my thing), and I liked the story up to about, oh, 3/4 of the way through? I really dug the politics angle up until it just kind of devolved into another "save the world" kind of story, and then I just tuned out.

Still, if all this game does is revamp the graphics and retool the battle system, is it really worth picking up if I'm not a die-hard fan? This is the first time I've heard of the Zodiac Age version.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for a PC release.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:22 am Reply with quote
Ryasha wrote:

Less and less games are being released for the PS3 because PS4 is going on to be 3 years old this year. It's not about "playing politics" and making you buy a PS4. It's about moving on to the more up to date hardware like they have been doing for the past 2 years and like every company does.

Heck, they're already gonna come out with PS4.5 Laughing
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
I love Ivalice and liked the gameplay enough that I'd be interested in playing an HD remaster, buuuuuuut~

No PS3 version, no sale!
The PS3 had a good run, but to expect Sony to keep supporting a last gen console this far into the current gen strikes me as a bit naive.

For whatever reason FF12 never grabbed me when it originally came out, but I'm interested in giving it another try
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2