• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extella Game's Video Reveals 3 More Servants

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dab1za9

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:
That list is fake, lol.

Do remember i'm talking about the VA's not the servants.

The VA list is fake.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Have they shown any actual gameplay for this yet?

FilthyCasual wrote:
Oh hey, Saber arrived to take Nero's spotlight lol.

Stop pretending TM, we all know who that silhouette is.

Yeah, that is clearly the original Saber.

nobody knows wrote:
now you mention it , I remember even saber has different name too.

Because Saber is actually a different person in that game. spoiler[ It is Nero not Arthur.]

I don't really like how they're treating Mumei as a name. It isn't actually a name so they should translate it. spoiler[Well, really they should just call him Emiya. That is about as much of a secret as Saber being Arthur.]
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
I really would like to get into the fate franchise..but at the same time i am so overwhelmed by the different takes to the story, routes, spin offs, alternatives, remakes etc... it is hard to enter into it. how does one manage to keep himself/herself updated with all of this content?

Watch Fate/Zero, and then watch the Heaven's Feel movies as they come out starting in 2017. Most "Fate" anime adaptations suck - you're better off going with the VN if you have the time and means. If not, then watch the above. (hint: the Deen adaptations and Ufotable's UBW is trash)
phoenix72

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

I don't really like how they're treating Mumei as a name. It isn't actually a name so they should translate it. spoiler[Well, really they should just call him Emiya. That is about as much of a secret as Saber being Arthur].

The problem with that being the archer from fate extra spoiler[is not Emiya in a sense he just takes the form of Emiya for a reason. He literally has no name.]

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Playable_Archer_%28Fate/Extra%29
This is his type moon wiki article the first paragraph is fine past that is his whole history and that is rife with spoilers on that topic.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
For starters watch the typical rude and pompous posts that accompany Fate threads. I already removed 2 posts and edited some others. Secondly use spoilers. I don't care if you think something is common knowledge or not we still use spoilers here. You just had a person saying they wanted to get into the series so obviously not everyone knows all the little plot twists. Thank you.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

I don't recall if the announcement trailer for Fate/Extella gave any gameplay or not, but we know that it's a Musou-style game (LU BU WHEN), and that Servants (or at least Nero and Tamamo) get new modes - and more importantly, new outfits - in a process called Form Change.
Ambimunch wrote:
[Watch Fate/Zero, and then watch the Heaven's Feel movies as they come out starting in 2017. Most "Fate" anime adaptations suck - you're better off going with the VN if you have the time and means. If not, then watch the above. (hint: the Deen adaptations and Ufotable's UBW is trash)

Except UfoBW was good, and often great.

If you're interested in the original VN but don't feel like buying it or sailing the high seas, there's a fairly expansive Let's Play of it here: http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/
Arakiba

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

If you're interested in the original VN but don't feel like buying it or sailing the high seas, there's a fairly expansive Let's Play of it here: http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/

Yeah, I second this. Seorin's LP is excellent (his Tsukihime one is good too). I should go reread it sometime.

Anyway, happy to hear that there are more servants. Knew there would be, but still, glad to see it. Now holding out hope for some others, maybe a Lancer or two...

spoiler[Scathach when?]
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Eliza first, yo.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
Arakiba wrote:

Yeah, I second this. Seorin's LP is excellent (his Tsukihime one is good too). I should go reread it sometime.

Well, no it's not. It's full of dumb remarks that may mess up what little immersion a text let's play can provide, but there's no other ones I know.
Arakiba

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Arakiba wrote:

Well, no it's not. It's full of dumb remarks that may mess up what little immersion a text let's play can provide, but there's no other ones I know.

If I'm reading (or watching, in the case of video ones) an LP, I'm not exactly doing it for "immersion" purposes, though. Part of the draw is the commentary. Isn't it? I mean, every single LP I've read (or watched) has commentary.

And I think he did a good job. I initially read it on his website and he even included links to the music (though I can't recall if they worked. I had the music anyway), which seemed a good inclusion (not sure if that's on the LP archive).
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
There's very little actual useful commentary and a lot of the guy trying to be funny.
If there's a full LP on Youtube or somewhere, that would honestly be much better for the first read.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
I really would like to get into the fate franchise..but at the same time i am so overwhelmed by the different takes to the story, routes, spin offs, alternatives, remakes etc... it is hard to enter into it. how does one manage to keep himself/herself updated with all of this content?

I'm crazy about Type Moon stuff and honestly? No it's not that hard to get into. You'll meet some elitist jerks, but it's not hard to ignore them. Also there are a lot of good entry points and it really just depends on your tastes. I personally recommend just playing the original visual novel if you feel like you can handle it, but if that sounds too daunting, I'd say start with ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works anime. The Fate/Zero anime is also a perfectly good starting point if it seems more your speed, but I personally recommend against it if just because it spoils the major plot twist of the first route of the visual novel, and also a few servants' identities since those are big reveals in Fate/Stay Night, but Fate/Zero has a couple servants that are in both stories and it just throws out their names immediately. Then once you've experienced at least some of the main story, you've got a ton of spin offs and side material to enjoy, and you can pick and choose which ones you want to get into and what order freely. It's a fun franchise to get into and it's not as difficult as it seems. Also all 3 entry points I listed explain the basic lore quite well so it's not like you'll need to be on the wiki all the time. The wiki is very helpful if something is confusing though, and it's very thorough and well edited.

Anyway I hope you do give it a spin and I hope you enjoy it!
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
nobody knows wrote:
who the f*** is Mumei ?!

Archer's "name" in Fate/Extra

that's news to me since we pretty much know that the red archer is just a younger version of future shiro emiya from the stay night series. and speaking of which we pretty much know from the shadow silhouette that its more or less arthuria from stay nigh as well. its way too obvious.

FilthyCasual wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:

I don't recall if the announcement trailer for Fate/Extella gave any gameplay or not, but we know that it's a Musou-style game (LU BU WHEN), and that Servants (or at least Nero and Tamamo) get new modes - and more importantly, new outfits - in a process called Form Change.
Ambimunch wrote:
[Watch Fate/Zero, and then watch the Heaven's Feel movies as they come out starting in 2017. Most "Fate" anime adaptations suck - you're better off going with the VN if you have the time and means. If not, then watch the above. (hint: the Deen adaptations and Ufotable's UBW is trash)

Except UfoBW was good, and often great.

not quite. for one thing while the animation of ufotable was great, and fate/zero proved that much since it was very done and well liked, the problem with their version of FSN is that they used the UBW route which is the most disliked of the three. i would recommend stick with the DEEN version if anyone wants to try the anime adaptation.

also ambimunch, while its the most popular and talked about VN, i'm afraid no one would consider going there cause no one does have the time or means and most importantly the Visual Novels are ALL 18+ ERO Novels aka have hentai scenes. so its more or less a given that the common fan would rather just watch and read the anime and manga adaptation instead of going to the ero visual novel version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
the problem with their version of FSN is that they used the UBW route which is the most disliked of the three. i would recommend stick with the DEEN version if anyone wants to try the anime adaptation.

Wasn't Fate the least-like route, since it's so simplistic and goes max you are GURL SEIBAH U NO FITE? If anything, UBW and HF are the most popular routes (and often pitted against each other) because they actually offer an answer to how Shirou's ideals are questioned. Also the part where they have better action scenes.

Coupled with the DEENime's subpar animation, shoehorned-in subplots like Bondage Sakura, and gutting of Shirou into a borderline brain-dead contextless meme-spouting fool, there's pretty much no reason for anyone to watch the DEENime.

On second thought, the music for it was great. But for that, you can just look up the tracks on YouTube.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
That's excessive. They should just watch the Fate/Zero anime followed by either Fate/Stay Night 2006 or 2014 or 2006 then 2014. That is the easiest way to get into this series

>Fate/Stay Night 2006

Get out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3