• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond: Second Season Ends on March 28 With 51st Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asckj1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
Oh no!! Sad I was under the impression that this season would be 75 eps long too, like the previous one.
This is depressing news Sad This was one of those shows that started the trend of explosive and dramatic sports, long with kuroko no basket followed by haikyuu!! In a sense, these shows changed my view of the quality and content of new sports animation shows. So much in fact that when I was rewatching big windup or even slam dunk, somehow I could not enjoy its pacing.
Hoping the act 2 of the manga gets a full long season too.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Well that sucks. I hope they come back for a third. I'm still enjoying the story and time wise, I think they're still in the same school year as s01e01.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Didn't think I'd last through the first 13. That first quarter where they absolutely refused to teach Sawamura a thing was such a slog but what I really can't believe is that I got used to, and actually learned to enjoy, his constant yelling.

I remember comparing it so unfavorably to Yowamushi Pedal... but what happens? Pedal devolved into Naruto on bicycles and this actually became a welcome sports show that focused on the sport.

Although I still get a kick out of the fact that their team would be the villain team in just about any other baseball anime. They're the excessively funded, powerhouse school with scouted players that regularly takes out noble underdog teams. Go team. How about another boastful rallying cry about how awesome you are?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maloose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Ace of Diamond was truly a gem. Since I didn't know anything about baseball I was wary about watching this anime, but from the very first episode I fell for it. I really enjoyed the whole setting, the turning away from the cliche sport mangas and presenting a lovely believable world that shows you yes, sport and highschool is fun, but you must work hard and despite that you still might lose, victory is the goal but either way you learned something.
It was the first anime that didn't put the opposing teams in ill-regard, and we saw first had the aftermath of the defeat, those agonizing moments of returning to the dorm/school defeated. The team didn't suddenly win because it was the last year of senpais! There was no good-bad in Daiya, just like there's no good-bad in sport.

I'm thankful for Terajima-sensei and anime producers. Although I wished they hadn't rushed the last 20 episodes. It's obvious with those 3 recap episodes that they meant to have another 75-series but I don't know why somewhere in the middle they decided to go for a 51-episodes. If they hadn't rushed we could easily have a 62-episodes. Ace of Diamond was the only anime I didn't mind to have fillers, we could enjoy their dorm life and get more familiar with the lovely characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2