• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
God Eater Anime to Air 4th 'Extra' Episode Next Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
This is just a really big lack of professionalism! And I hope Ufotable suffers big reprimands because of this.

I would rather say that they probably bit off more than they could chew with this project, which is understandable because of this new animation style they employed and the high quality of the graphics. Ufotable never failed on any other major projects though, so this is probably just a one time thing.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I guess the unusual animation is what is screwing up their schedule. Too bad they don't use the extra time to also work on their piss-poor scripts.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
ChrissyC wrote:
I do agree that the show should have been in near-complete production before airing. However we don`t understand the complexities behind the whole composition of "God Eater". I`m sure they know they are hot-water.

Let`s go with "Quality" over "Quantity".

The complexity behind God Eater's production doesn't matter. They had a schedule in which they agreed to deliver the product. They are failing, not 1 time, not 2, but 4 times now.
If doing it like they are doing is really so complex, so it would be better to do it in a less complex way.

This is like slapping the face of all the other studios that had to do everything in their hands to deliver their episodes in time.

As things are going right now God Eater will only deliver 8 episodes. The reminder will never be made or will only come in the DVD/BD release.

This is just a really big lack of professionalism! And I hope Ufotable suffers big reprimands because of this.

You`re right, Bigivel. Absolutely they had a time to fill. And failed to do so. They will definitely get repercussions for it. 4x`s is a definite problem.

Yes, Ufotable does do a dynamic job at giving a whole-new experience on Anime Animation. It is complex, Bigivel that`s just the way they deliver their productions. UFOTable has made quality work in the past. (I.E: FATE & TALES OF) Technology will find a way around that you will be correct soon Bigivel.

Bigivel, yes sadly only a few episodes will be in store. However some series do infact buy extra-time slots it`s been done before.
(I.E: Girls Und Panzer)

Since "God Eater"`s such a expansive series, it may be able to do so. Although Bigivel, you hold some very strong components.

Ufotable will & shall pay in return because of this error in time. Bigivel the way you word that sounds almost menacing. We all have made many mistakes in our life, Bigivel. Ufotable isn`t in control of our world`s food supply so let`s not wish so much hate upon them. It is very right that they made a huge mistake in media. You & I should not enlarge this problem than more then what it is.

Bigivel your accusations are 100%. Ufotable will try their hardest on accomplishing our needs, hey atleast they didn`t scrap "God Eater", haha that`d be bad!

Thanks for discussing "God Eater`s" problem with me, Bigivel.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Next season of Shirobako should chronicle the development story of "Deity Chomper."
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I guess the unusual animation is what is screwing up their schedule. Too bad they don't use the extra time to also work on their piss-poor scripts.

Ha, and I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching it, too. Laughing

Granted, I think the script, and the show as a whole, has made notable improvements from its gag-inducing and forced "OMG-EVERYTHING-ABOUT-THIS-SHOW-IS-SOOOOOOO-COOL!!!!" first episode that almost made me want to drop it right after. Still, it has its annoying tendency for ungainly expository talk, to say nothing of its bald-face ripping of terms and plot aspects from other titles and its archetypal characters and storyline, though I assume that is linked to the source material. Well, at least it has gotten better (then again, I'm only on Ep. 4, thanks to the delayed CR schedule…). Too bad the only thing likely not to change anytime soon are the ridiculous outfits that the females wear and the not-so-stealthy scoping on their boobs at every given opportunity.

As for the animation production, I really like the style and think it goes great with a title like GE (and for a video game adaptation)—and it is also one of the sole reasons why I kept watching, as it was virtually the only thing fresh about the show. I want to say that the delays are eye-opening when you have ufotable's HQ track record and experience, but then again, Aniplex isn't a primary producer here, either. There should have been a buffer on the production schedule for sure, but I also have to wonder if Bandai Namco Ent. (assuming they are the biggest funders) is throwing Aniplex-type money and support at them, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tajima

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
I have to say that the TV channel is amazing for allowing such a thing.

Allow? I sometimes wonder what some of you are on when you make these comments.

The episode's not ready. What are they going to do? Air an unfinished episode? It's not a question of what they allow or not.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Tajima wrote:
bigivel wrote:

The episode's not ready. What are they going to do? Air an unfinished episode? It's not a question of what they allow or not.
Well they can, but that's of course not ideal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhmBnaEcbfA

You need to get something on the air, and a recap or special is the best way to do it when you fall behind.

And for those going "But they should have delayed it until it was finished!", that's not an option when those on the production committee have already purchased the timeslots. Once you get them, that's it, you have to stick with it.

In hindsight it was a horrible idea to go for Summer 2015 instead of Fall 2015 or Winter 2016. ufotable, despite starting production on UBW quite early, began to fall behind with UBW 2, just like with how they apparently had issues with Fate/Zero 2. They got like three episodes in before the show began to air, and them falling behind on that led to them not being able to finish God Eater episode 1 on-time, causing all the problems we're seeing now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bigivel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Tajima wrote:
bigivel wrote:

Like air something else?
Is not like it never happened before for series and programs to be discontinued.
Even the 1st Gundam received that treatment and it was for not having the expected ratings.

Of course the TV channel is not a big one(Tokyo MX), and the anime airs at night, and probably the production committee already paid the timeslot. So a lot can be accepted given that a small number of people watch it when it airs, but we're talking of 4 delays, with one being in the very 1st episode.
If the TV channel really wanted they could easily terminate the contract.
Melina Putri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
Apparently there's actually still not a single show announced that will air on GE's timeslot for the fall season. So it's likely Ufo actually foresaw the production issues and got themselves the timeslot for two cours, instead of one. So they could still air the whole thing

It seems Comet Lucifer is now confirmed will air on GE's timeslot.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:22 am Reply with quote
Episode -> special -> episode -> special

*sigh*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2