• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Fans Rank Which Characters Pull Off Summer Wear Best

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
I love how the comments in order are saying it should have been limited to one, two, and three per series. I agree with two though, or Love Live! And Free! Should have been disqualified. (I'm actually happily suprised Haru beat Makoto in the swimsuit one though).
I'm also surprised no AoT characters popped up?? It's a miracle...
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
From girls you want to date, to marry, to see in swimsuit or yukata Love Live takes them all...Must be an "otaku bait" show. Same goes for Free! or "Lord Prince's Song". And Kazuto (SAO), seriously? How about Kirito in a yukata? I'd rather see how Kana Hanazawa looks in a swimsuit or yukata, at least she is an actual person.

I've seen pics of Kana Hanazawa in a yukata and she looks nice in one.

As for the Love Live domination, that anime should've had it's own category because it's just not fair as it is.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
FoxgloveLove wrote:
You literally could have summed this entire article up by posting "Everyone is still obsessed with Love Live!"

Razz

Yeah, until I looked closer I thought that it must have been a ranking of Love Live characters specifically.
Ninjajake12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Agree with everyone saying the list should include only one or two characters from a franchise...I knew Love Live and Free were likely going to dominate the lists.

The fandom is just too big for other characters to crack the list (well, the top 10 anyways)
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Laughing my a** off at lonely Gintoki on a list dominated by sports anime high school boys and Uta Pri idols. Also, blue shorts really? Everyone knows Gin is hunky wearing strawberry boxers! Laughing

At this point, polls won't surprise me in terms of which franchises are going to dominate the list. Seriously, limit each series up to one or two characters so other shows can get a chance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2