• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Type-Moon's Tsukihime Doujin Game Gets Remake

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
If a Fate/stay night remake will ever be announced, some people will die from over-excitement.

I'll die from over-excitement if he ever writes something that is not Fate and not a remake.
Blue21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Alright, now how about a release date?
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
If a Fate/stay night remake will ever be announced, some people will die from over-excitement.

I'll die from over-excitement if he ever writes something that is not Fate and not a remake.

That would seem to be counterproductive, since then you'd never get to play it. Wink
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The 24-episode anime adaptation premiered in 2003 and Geneon Entertainment released the series on DVD in North America.

A correction needs to be made for this. The anime adaption ran for 12 episodes. ANN's own encyclopedia page states that, and I also own the DVD set.

anime#2938
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hahalollawl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Quote:
The 24-episode anime adaptation premiered in 2003 and Geneon Entertainment released the series on DVD in North America.

A correction needs to be made for this. The anime adaption ran for 12 episodes. ANN's own encyclopedia page states that, and I also own the DVD set.

anime#2938

Wishful thinking perhaps? Can you imagine how much better it could have been with 24 episodes? =P
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Old news. This was posted in a magazine 3 days ago. My question is was there also mention of a simultaneous anime reboot launching?

They literally already released the new character designs and artwork for it nearly 3 years ago.

REALLY old news.

Now, if the title for this article were "new character is announced for Type-Moon's Tsukihime Remake" instead of "Type-Moon's Tsukihime Doujin Game Gets Remake" then it really would only be a few days old news instead of FREAKING YEARS.

That said, if memory serves, ANN completely missed the news of the new character designs and all that 3 years ago and consequently did not report on it at all. In other words, the "news network" has been out of the loop and really dropped the ball.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Wandering Samurai wrote:

anime#2938
Hahalollawl wrote:
Wishful thinking perhaps? Can you imagine how much better it could have been with 24 episodes? =P
{Fixed your inline quotations. ~nobahn}

No, but I can imagine how much worse it could've been with 24 episodes. The writing and direction was horrible (not to mention the fact that it made basically no attempt to actually adapt the source material and instead went out of its way to turn it into a harem romcom, which the source game didn't even have a shred of harem nor romcom in it [the side story/parody sequels did, but that's beside the point]). More episodes wouldn't somehow magically fix that.

{Merged serial posts. ~nobahn}
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
GhostStalkerSA wrote:
Jajanken wrote:
My question is was there also mention of a simultaneous anime reboot launching?

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Tsukihime was a good anime series.. which was not what i expected..

What are you guys talking about?

Wink

no? then what is this?
anime#2938

are we talking about the same thing here ?

it has multiple names

Lunar Legend Moon Princess
Moon Princess
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Japanese)
True Lunar Chronicle Tsukihime
Lunar Legend Tsukihime (TV)

often time to avoid confusion i just use the original japanese title..

lost in translation is common-- kind of like how John Wick-- was translated into "an Eye for an Eye" title movie in asia.. Rolling Eyes
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they'll finally make an anime for this.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
uote]no? then what is this?
anime#2938

are we talking about the same thing here?

It's just a joke since the Tsukihime anime was said to be bad so its existence is denied. The manga by Sasaki Shonen is a lot better.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
hopefully when the remake of the VN comes out that Ufotable will do a proper Tsukihime anime, because Jesus JC staff made Arcueid and Akiha look like guys, Studio deen's Fate/stay night anime doesn't look that bad in comparison.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Give it a few years. It might get an anime remake by perhaps ufotable once they are done with some of their other projects.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Give it a few years. It might get an anime remake by perhaps ufotable once they are done with some of their other projects.

yeah they seem to be focused on God eater and F/SN heaven's Feel movies right now, but looks like after those are done with would be a good time
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
If they did reboot the anime I really wish they would include the melty blood storylines in it. I honestly prefered most of the characters in Melty blood.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
GhostStalkerSA wrote:
Jajanken wrote:
My question is was there also mention of a simultaneous anime reboot launching?

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Tsukihime was a good anime series.. which was not what i expected..

What are you guys talking about?

Wink

no? then what is this?
anime#2938

are we talking about the same thing here ?

it has multiple names

Lunar Legend Moon Princess
Moon Princess
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Japanese)
True Lunar Chronicle Tsukihime
Lunar Legend Tsukihime (TV)

often time to avoid confusion i just use the original japanese title..

lost in translation is common-- kind of like how John Wick-- was translated into "an Eye for an Eye" title movie in asia.. Rolling Eyes

He is talking about how Tsukihime is such a shitty anime that it doesn't deserve to be called an "anime" in the standard of TM fans. This is a running joke in the TM fandom.
VDZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:

What is a ghost doing on this forum? You died three years ago, when Mahoyo was released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3