• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Koro-sensei Would Be the Best Villainous Friend

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
Schierke wrote:
How is Nagisa Kaworu villainous??? He's the exact opposite Mad

Just like Koro-sensei, he intends to harm the human race. Specifically, those descendant from Lilith since Angels are children descendant from Adam or something. It just so happens Shinji is the only Lilin that he falls in love with for some reason...
Both are charming but so is Dio, Gilgamesh, and Greed which attracts people regardless if they have cruel intentions, making them villainous.
Justaway

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:36 am Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
Justaway wrote:
Really not sure how Koro-sensei counts as "villainous" but sure, whatever.

Keep in mind that he blew up the moon, and is threatening to do the same to Earth unless his stundents can kll him before the deadline.
He might be a great friendly teacher. But that doesn't make his planned genocide more excusable or less evil
Except for the fact that it was plainly obvious since Day 1 that he isn't a villain. Even if something does happen to blow up the planet, it won't be because Koro-sensei wants it to happen. spoiler[And dialogue later from the Principal and Koro-sensei shows exactly this.] And it's entirely possible that the moon blowing up was some sort of accident that Koro-sensei took the heat for, but it's also possible he did blow it up to get into Class E.

Either way, the question that AssClass needs to answer has never been "Why is Koro-sensei planning to blow up Earth", it's "Why is he pretending to plan to blow up Earth". Koro-sensei being an actually good guy is about as masterfully hidden as Sean Bean dying as whatever role he's playing.

spoiler[Now if you want to argue about the God of Death as most villainous friend, that I'd be okay with.]
Shory

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:03 am Reply with quote
I'm just kinda amazed that people would be friends with Dio. I mean, he's iconic and somewhat hilarious, but I think he'd be an awful friend.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:49 am Reply with quote
Justaway wrote:

spoiler[Now if you want to argue about the God of Death as most villainous friend, that I'd be okay with.]

Which one do you refer?

Anyway, I didn't vote for Koro-sensei because I don't see him as a villain.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2