• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Asterisk War: The Academy City of the Water Light Novels Get Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
More harem goodness.
ichii_1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
LOL I just read all the available chapters last week Anime hyper

It's okay, if they do 1 ep = half volume, it'll turn out well.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:36 am Reply with quote
Olaole wrote:
Oh come on, do you REALLY need the plot?
This is just another crappy harem romcom LN with a loser pervert or Gary Stu protagonist in a highschool setting that involves some contract with beautiful girls... like basically the last 50 shows we got from that medium in the past 2 years. And they were never good or even average. By now even the most dense user should have noticed that these shows will never amount to anything more than filler at best and be unbelieveable dumb at worst.

I'd say the same if I don't think that monogatari series has one of the best twists of human psychology as its plot device. Though surely it's just personal opinion as I've seen many who don't enjoy it. Now maybe if I can recall just one other title of the same stereotype that is good.

Anyway, I'd also call em those "light novels with the cover displaying series of heroine characters (with complete lack of male character even though he's the mc) posing cute or sexy often with gratuitously sexy costume which most of the time feels forced".

I don't mind it, though. A little tired maybe.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
A lot of harems are generic in their tropes but that's why various people may like them and because of the fan service.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Commenting on how the anime by numbers trend is SUPET prevalent doesn't imply that anyone was intending to watch it. It's a discussion buddy.

Anyway, I need a montage of LN/manga covers that look exactly like this one, and share similar plots, and ultimately go no where. I'm not saying this is gonna be as bad as magic high school (which I liked) but I'll be damned if I fall for that time sink plot again.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Fighting harem LN into anime could become even more of a trend.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
All I know about this series is that it has nice-looking ladies and some actions scenes (IIRC, it has mecha or mecha-like devices. I coyld be wrong here, though).

I saw on a later article that A-1 Pictiures will animate this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2