• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Set List - Top 10 Bleach Theme Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clipeuh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I love most of Bleach's openings but my favorite two: Ichirin no Hana and After Dark didn't make the list. Confused Maybe it's because I love those band's sounds a lot but animation-wise and tone-wise they really fit the show, especially After Dark. I didn't watch a lot of Bleach (stopped after the soul society arc) but I kept up on the openings because as Hope pointed out, it's a really stylish show. I love Change from later on, and Life Is Like a Boat & Life are my favourite ending themes. So many great songs.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I: disappointed not seeing Haruka Kanata on this list, definitely the best song of the series.
GuruBuckaroo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed to not see Younha's "Houki Boshi" and SCANDAL's "Shoujo S" on the list. Definitely two of my favorites (especially with the dance animation that accompanied Shoujo S).

Agreed that Change would have been on my short-list as well.

Edited: Geez, how could I have forgotten "Tsumasaki" by Oreskaband? That song is awesome!

Last edited by GuruBuckaroo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barbobot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Animelover12313 wrote:
I: disappointed not seeing Haruka Kanata on this list, definitely the best song of the series.

Wrong series though. Haruka Kanata is Naruto.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Animelover12313 wrote:

Wrong series though. Haruka Kanata is Naruto.

I do realize there's a song in Naruto with the same name. But the ED #28 of Bleach is also named Haruka Kanata.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Animelover12313 wrote:

I do realize there's a song in Naruto with the same name. But the ED #28 of Bleach is also named Haruka Kanata.

Ah, you are right. I googled Haruka Kanata since I didn't remember the song from the title name alone and Naruto was what came up first.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
Like many, I'm mixed on Bleach as a series. At it's best (like during the Soul Society arc, as well as the beginning of the still running Thousand-Year Blood War arc), it's some of the best shounen out there. At it's worst (all of Deicide), it can give SAO a run for it's money in terms of downright embarrasing writing.

in all honesty I think both Bleach and SAO have much better writing than they entirety of Naruto Shippuden, even the Full bring arc had better developments then what Kishimoto pulled out his ass.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Animelover12313 wrote:

Ah, you are right. I googled Haruka Kanata since I didn't remember the song from the title name alone and Naruto was what came up first.

I see, yeah, I mean the song sounds good, and the visuals, god there are 13 different visuals for that song alone! It's freaking badass.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Geez, i was all set to complain about my favorite being left off the list, but then i listened to it again: (OP #7, After Dark by Asian Kungfu Generation).

I fully admit it's not nearly as good as any of those in Hope's top 10 list, but what can i say; during this part of the anime it got me pumped up for each episode. It seemed to put into musical form the feelings of "I'm invading hell with my 2 best friends to rescue my other best friend!" Razz

Funny how tastes can change after 4 years
Waffitti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
When it comes to Bleach endings, CHU-BURA was just a "Nice" song for me. But then I discovered that "CHU-BURA" is a phonetic spelling of "Tubular", and that turned the song into my favorite of the openings (when it comes to what I think is critically the best of the openings, I get tied between the first two, they capture Bleach really well). But still, no other anison from the past 10 or so years years has been as totally radical as CHU-BURA.
Kreion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I have to say that I was disappointed not to see Ranbu no Merodi on the list - in my mind that OP encapsulates the manga far better than most of the other OP's. Kubo's nothing if not a man of style, from his volume poems to his use of negative space in the series - Bleach has one of the more unique aesthetics of a popular series. The 13th op perfectly caught that with it's ample use of black and interesting colours.

Then again I'm judging it more on a visual basis than a music basis, I do like the song but I've never been big into music.

I would also have included the 26th ED (Song For...) And whatever ED Haruka Kanata is - more specifically the one which flashes back through the Ichigo/Rukia moments in the series.

But that's again mainly on the visuals and a good deal of shipper bias~ I was happy to see Alones and Veloncia on the list though. I also really like Change...but I hate the fact the characters fly in it.
Obitobi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
another good episode, really enjoying these!

I was kinda supprised you didn't include AQUA TIMEZ - Mask in the top 10, cause i always thought it was one of the best endings. (to me atleast)

But we all have our own opinions ofcourse haha.

Anyway keep up the good work!
Roxas4ever

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I hated Bleach (and yes, I watched all 366 episodes. My roommate and I binge watched it in college because "Why the hell not?") but it had some pretty decent music. I was happy to see "My Pace" on there. Another great one that didn't make it on was Diggy Mo's "Stay Beautiful" (I love Diggy Mo Anime hyper ).

As always, great vid Hope!
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm so sad there was never a full song released of the original version of *~Asterisk. I love what they initially put out so much. And while I love the single version too, every time the minute and a half one from the soundtrack comes on, I still crave it, even to this day.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
My favourites are the third opening and third ending. I especially like how the ending changed each episode to highlight a different division.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4