• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boruto -Naruto the Movie- Site Opens With Manga Excerpt

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
ryuu_ro wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Lol, Boruto. I guess it's a better name than Salad.

Boruto -> Burrito -> buritto and salad= yummy Laughing

I'd disagree. A salad is best paired with a meat dish. However, once can combine a burrito and a salad to make one of those tostada bowl salads.

Kadmos1 wrote:
Unless "Last" in the latest Naruto movie is referring to the last movie where the main Naruto characters are the focus, carrying that in the title seems like false advertising/marketing ploy.

This is the country that gave us Final Fantasy, then gave us fourteen more Final Fantasies since.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

But what I want to know is weather his name is intended to be 'Bolt' without the romanization and is only written as 'Boruto' due to the language barrier preventing proper pronunciation or if it's specifically supposed to be pronounced 'Boruto' in both English and Japanese.

Judging by the panel and site name, official Romanization is Boruto. I'd assume, then, that pronunciation will be Boruto rather than Bolt, providing a parallel to Naruto's name.

I believe VIZ may have used Bolt for their Jump mag, but that was when the chapter was just released and supplementary materials didn't exist.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
ryuu_ro wrote:

Boruto -> Burrito -> buritto and salad= yummy Laughing

I'd disagree. A salad is best paired with a meat dish. However, once can combine a burrito and a salad to make one of those tostada bowl salads.

As someone who mixes salads with almost any sort of dish (other than dessert), I say salad is best paired with anything. And when I say mixed, I mean I either dump my entire salad on my main plate (or soup bowl) or dump what's on my main plate (or soup bowl) on my salad. Like, just for lunch, I had meatloaf, baked potato, green beans, and a salad. And lemme tell you, a bite that includes a little bit of each along with ketchup, sour cream, and ranch dressing tastes amazing.

I can't each meat and bread dishes by themselves anymore. I always need some fresh, crisp lettuce and other veggies whenever I eat my meals. A meat and cheese sandwich sounds really unappealing. A burrito with just beans, meat, cheese, and rice doesn't sound good either. But once lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, onions, squash, etc. is added to the mix? Mmmmm, yum.

I'd support Boruto x Salad just on that reasoning alone. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Official name of the current film has to be changed to The "Last" Naruto Movie.

Also, both Boruto and Bolt sound ridiculous to me.

And the fact that this whole thing is going to be continued as this is an embarrassment. Obviously the publisher has multi-year rights for the franchise and it is going to use it as much as possible, but I am glad Kishimoto does not deal with it any more.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, I'll take my Buritto and Salad to go please
Sango chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Salada sounds better than Salad..., I have no clue how they are going to go about with Boruto.

but this isn't the first time I've seen anime name characters some sort of food. there's Tokyou Mew Mew with the 5 main girls japanese names being Ichigo (Strawberry), Zakuro (Pomagranit(sp?)) but the worst names were Mint, Lettice, and pudding. They transformed to having animal traits, but have food names......yeah..oh then there was the young alien named Pie....
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
but I am glad Kishimoto does not deal with it any more.

He's still heavily involved in all of this. He's doing everything from illustrating the upcoming novels to production supervisor for this movie. He's said before that he'll continue to be busy with Naruto through next year.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
Sango chan wrote:
but this isn't the first time I've seen anime name characters some sort of food. there's Tokyou Mew Mew with the 5 main girls japanese names being Ichigo (Strawberry), Zakuro (Pomagranit(sp?)) but the worst names were Mint, Lettice, and pudding. They transformed to having animal traits, but have food names......yeah..oh then there was the young alien named Pie....

Akira Toriyama LOVES doing this sort of thing. He continues to do it with the Dragon Ball movies.
N-Then-Some

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
Still wondering what the heck a Boruto movie is gonna be about. I mean, I can understand the mini-series, but a whole movie?

Can the series really go anywhere from here? The ninja world is now united, the big bad has been vanquished, Naruto fought the Ten Tails then he fought the mother of all chakra, and he became the Hokage.

I don't think they could introduce a new conflict that didn't seemed arbitrarily contrived.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
JacobYBM wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
Unless "Last" in the latest Naruto movie is referring to the last movie where the main Naruto characters are the focus, carrying that in the title seems like false advertising/marketing ploy.

IanC wrote:
So they call a movie "The Last" then announce... a sequel. Huh. can't stop milking that poor dry cash cow.

Wait thats the Evangelion one. There might still be milk in the Naruto one.

The movie was called The Last because it referred to Naruto's last maturation, romance.

The fifth Urusei Yatsura movie is titled "Final chapter". And yes, there's a sixth movie. For that matter, there are TWO "Final" Friday the 13th movies and NEITHER is the most recent one.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
All those panels do is remind me that The Last was a far better ending to the series than the actual final manga chapter was. Funny how these things work.

Agreed full stop

Seconded. Because this is quickly becoming Naruto GT.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:51 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Lol, Boruto. I guess it's a better name than Salad Laughing

As for the upcoming movie, I hope they reveal the details of the major supporting characters with the aftermath of the series.

well the name is catchy , but i hope that isnt his actual name cause i thought his name was supposed to be bolt.

also they never said anything about his sister since in the ending of the movie we can easily see them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
So, is his name Bolt or Boruto?

Boruto means BOLT in Japanese. Bolt = English Boruto = Japanese
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:24 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
MaxSouth wrote:

He's still heavily involved in all of this. He's doing everything from illustrating the upcoming novels to production supervisor for this movie. He's said before that he'll continue to be busy with Naruto through next year.

Emerje

Supervisor thing I now of, it does not take serious involvement.

But I did not hear about the "novels". What is that? I have heard about side-kick manga, but it will not be illustrated by Kishimoto.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Emerje wrote:
MaxSouth wrote:

Emerje

Supervisor thing I now of, it does not take serious involvement.

But I did not hear about the "novels". What is that? I have heard about side-kick manga, but it will not be illustrated by Kishimoto.

Whether his supervision requires serious involvement or not we don't know. Some supervisors want the final word on everything, others just sign their name and say to do whatever. I'm thinking now that the manga is over Kishimoto has a lot of free time to focus on this movie more so than the previous ones.

As for the novels, everything we know about the six of them is here. Technically Kishimoto is only illustrating them, but if he's that involved then the stories should be considered canon since I can't see him putting his name on something he doesn't stand by.

Emerje
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3