• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo: Some Amiibo Figures Unlikely to Get 2nd Shipments

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freyanne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Not a very good move, Nintendo.
I am happy I managed to find a Villager amiibo that Sunday the game came out, but I wanted to try and get Marth in person.
Hopefully it wont be hard for me to get the Shulk, Lucario, and Rosalina amiibos when they are released.

On another note, I find it kinda funny (and a bit iritating) how there is no problem in my area finding all the new gamecube controllers, but there are NO adapters in sight.

enurtsol wrote:
If they're trying to make this as widespread as, say Disney Infinity, this is not helping.
Indeed. Amiibos haven't even been out for a month and they are already (highly likely) discontinuing three of them? Doesnt make sense to me.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I know that that they will make more of the ones that have the most video games being made, so Link, Zelda, Mario, Peach etc. But why not Villager, there will be another Animal Crossing game on the Wii U and it most likly will have some Amiibo feature, unless they are waiting until closer down the line to reprint some more.
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps there is some miscommunication. Sites have been known to blow things out of proportion.

I've seen them pop up on Japanese sites like Mandarake and Amiami, so you could always try there if you want to buy the Japanese ones, or if you don't have any of those retailer-exclusive ones closeby.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
At my gamestop I asked the guy if Marth was sold out permanently and he told me they would get more shipments, I think this stop making them means like long term, ie a year not literally now.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
That's a shame. I wanted a Marth figure because he's my main fighter but I couldn't find them in stores. Now I know why. At least the local Wal Mart still has plenty of Samus figures to get.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2